ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:56 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 2:47 am 
Halfling

1. This makes more sense, again I think it'd be nice to have the thing that makes you use cun instead of str like most rogues do.
2. Barbarian has a talent that hits you when you attack (10% iirc) and another one gives you stamina based on damage you take, namely synergy. Maybe a small spellpower or physpower in relation to self damage done with spells.
3. :shock: :D That's my answer.

And how about sustaining vim with health when you have not enough vim? Or too overpowered with things like bone shield?

When does 1.3 drop?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:04 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

daed4 wrote:
2. Barbarian has a talent that hits you when you attack (10% iirc) and another one gives you stamina based on damage you take, namely synergy. Maybe a small spellpower or physpower in relation to self damage done with spells.
I think you're saying you have Stamina issues on a Flenser. Is that what you mean?

daed4 wrote:
And how about sustaining vim with health when you have not enough vim? Or too overpowered with things like bone shield?
When you have no Vim, a Flenser or Blood Mage will already cast with Life. This happens automatically and can't be dispelled or disabled. Does that answer your question?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:08 am 
Halfling

1. No, no. I'm saying that it'd be cool for blood-casters to have some synergy with paying life to cast spells, just a random thought, that was an example that's all.
2. No, I mean sustaining things that you don't have enough vim (bone shield for example, since iirc both have it but nearly never enough vim to actually go and put it on) to sustain to be sustained with your max life.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:16 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

daed4 wrote:
1. No, no. I'm saying that it'd be cool for blood-casters to have some synergy with paying life to cast spells, just a random thought, that was an example that's all.
Permanent Bloodcasting is such a huge convenience feature for Vim guys -- I'm not sure it needs any more of a buff. The other way might make sense: when you DO NOT use any of your own Life to cast, then you get a perk.

daed4 wrote:
2. No, I mean sustaining things that you don't have enough vim (bone shield for example, since iirc both have it but nearly never enough vim to actually go and put it on) to sustain to be sustained with your max life.
You won't lose your sustains for having zero Vim, so in a way you are "sustaining with Life", but you do need 50 Max Vim to sustain Bone Shield. You'll have 50 Vim by level 16 or so, sooner if you find the right sort of gear.

Bone Shield works great on a Blood Mage.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:05 am 
Halfling

1. Make it the other way, as you said and now that I think about it sounds cooler.
2. I mean, if I have let's say 40 vim and shield costs 50 take 40 vim (all of it) and 10HP (or hp *x) but that's just a dumb idea.
Also dumb question, if I get a +vim item, sustain an ability and then take off the item, does the sustain go away?

EDIT!:

Yep, elite of 2 players who won as flenser normal(or more) and roguelike.[sarcasm] Both undead, flenser confirmed OP.[/sarcasm]

Things I notice
1. Lack damage for bosses (this will make timed ones kinda hard, like 4 portaling) not what'd I'd expect out of a vim user.
2. Jesus - it eats stamina like a kid eats candy.
3. I feel Combat vet is kinda out of character so to speak, I'd rather have something more fluffy like stamRegen on hit (based on detrimental) health regen on hit (based on detrimentals and small like 0.1/.5 per detrimental tops) something for a big nuke based off detrimental effects.
4. Had fun
5. Go BBoil for the global slow, forgot to use it.
6. Also wasted points on fast meta, forgot it got nerfed to shit after being kinda OP for some time.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 10:18 am 
Archmage

Quote:
To install an addon you simply have to download the .teaa file and place it in your game's game/addons/ folder, unless the addon explicitly gives special install instructions.

Well, I have nothing resembling "game/addons/folder" so I'm a little confused.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:30 pm 
Perspiring Physicist

Just look for an addons folder.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2015 8:00 pm 
Uruivellas

If you're using windows and steam, it'll be in steam/steamapps/common/talesmajeyal/games/addons.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:23 am 
Archmage

Windows&nosteam.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:32 am 
Perspiring Physicist

There is an addons folder inside the games folder then.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 am 
Archmage

The only folders I have are: bootstrap, download, game. And tome-nullpack_77 of cource.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:59 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Look in the game folder...

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:04 pm 
Wyrmic

Not sure if anyone's caught this yet, but in Corrupted Archery's description it says spellpwoer instead of Spellpower. :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:38 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Removed a bunch of stuff for 1.4 compatibility.

Fixed Alchemist Infusions for 1.4; play-tested some of the other classes and the ones which aren't removed seem okay.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 05, 2016 3:44 pm 
Higher

I hit Random until it gave me something that seemed halfway playable - Yeek Striker! I played it as a caster, kinda like the ever so popular caster wyrmic. Stealth was pretty much the last thing that got added to the build, and even then it was mostly for reducing incoming ranged attacks.

It's been a long time since I played so I had quite a few stupid deaths, but I had a blast!

http://te4.org/characters/78970/tome/c1 ... be2a412e43

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 374 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next