ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Jul 22, 2018 6:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:02 pm 
Uruivellas

It's not necessary to kill every mob. The only mob I couldn't kill on my run was some antimagic horror boss during the last stretch of the game, and I just left it behind.

You can get 40% physical pen from Bloody Butcher. With some good res-pen bonuses from gear, you should be able to kill high-res mobs without much difficulty. Granted it will be slower than usual, but the build has enough defenses to survive longer fights against most enemies.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:44 pm 
Archmage

Just wanted to note that for the EoR anniversary there’s a misc item that DG is giving out, the Cog, which adds Willpower, Cunning, and a damage resist/avoidance chance. Really great item for getting started with this build, as it’s a nice early boost to FEM.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:36 pm 
Archmage

One trick I've discovered with Saw Wheels is that you can charge up Saw Wheels by moving and then stand next to an enemy and unleash it by doing any instant action (notably Osmotic Shield). This gives you a free action attack, potentially procs a bunch of Demon Seed stuff, and triggers Tempest of Metal.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 4:30 am 
Wayist

Snarvid wrote:
One trick I've discovered with Saw Wheels is that you can charge up Saw Wheels by moving and then stand next to an enemy and unleash it by doing any instant action (notably Osmotic Shield). This gives you a free action attack, potentially procs a bunch of Demon Seed stuff, and triggers Tempest of Metal.

This. Though it took me a second to realize I should set Saw Wheels to "auto-use when available" and Osmosis Shield to "auto-use when enemies are visible and adjacent", rather than "auto-use when enemies are visible". Better for managing vim this way as well.

So far, this build is ridiculous; I've died exactly once- running into my own fire bolts in Dreadfell- and have just made it to The East. I vaulted Razorlock courtesy of another character, and wouldn't mind comparing the damage output vs. a good T4 or T5 randart staff. Being able to one-shot the occasional rare without attacking them directly and thus not having the chance to try getting Demon Seed to stick is both frustrating and amusing. :lol: The survivability is very high, and it's easy enough to go 1v1 against randbosses that take little damage, headless horrors with 100% resist all, and chew through them simply by virtue of taking negligible damage myself.

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2018 4:35 am 
Wayist

Thuggery seems like a particularly good tree with this build, as well. 50% stun/confusion resist, attack speed buff, etc. Maxing Bloodbath is pretty much imperative there, though, so you get enough stamina regen as to negate the 6 per turn drain of Total Thuggery.