ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:48 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:02 am 
Higher

Basically this build will play much like a hammer wielding Solipsist, with all his arsenal enhanced in offense, tons of healing shielding upon his already tanky body in defense.

Class talents:
1. Stone: proc, physical penetration.
2. Magic Combat
3. Temporal: time shield, speed
4. Dream Smith: your weapon to proc, AOE, ranged beam, stun and reset CD.
5. Solipsism: Tanky, Speedy
6. Distortion: buff removal, crowd control and tons of damage, synergy with Stone's physical penetration.

I'd love to have more talent trees like Ooze(more tanky, tons of resistance), Gloom(debuff and tanky), or Bone(shield) here, but there aren't enough class points to support.

Generic talents:
1. Finer Energy Manipulations: for TK weapon, Realign removes 3 debuffs.
2. Conveyance: mobility
3. Aegis: tanky
4. Light: tanky, debuff removal
5. Fungus: Now all the healing(thus damage shield, and debuff removal) takes no turn.

Race:
Shalore

Stats:
Will, Mag, Cun

Weapon:
One staff in hand(don't dual wield or shield, trigger magic combat proc penalty), one in TK slot. Easily 80%-100% physical damage to begin with.

Summary:
Top speed from Clarity + Essence of Speed + Grace of the Eternals;
Solipsism provides already tanky body, plus all the shields and healing from an archmage, healing & debuff removal takes zero turn;
Cast like a mage with enhanced Distortion, and fight like a warrior with your magic proc dream hammer.

Please comment =D

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 1:02 pm 
Uruivellas

I got one question for you.... What do you spend your first category points on? You only start with 7.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:06 pm 
Higher

I tried something similar with the shield of light (boost shield on any melee hit). It's all fun and game, until you get something nasty, your throwing hammer is on cooldown, and you have no other mean to do some ranged attack.

But my goal with an Adventurer is to play recklessly. And I failed so far to beat nightmare with this approach.

Once I unlock Adventurer again (long story), I'll probably try a build with some wyrmic tree (they give some additional ranged-melee strike option)

Last edited by ooli on Wed Jul 22, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:43 am 
Higher

ooli wrote:
I tried something similar with the shield of light (boost shield on any melee hit). It's all fun and game, until you get something nasty, your throwing hammer is on cooldown, and you have no other mean to do some ranged attack.

But my goal with an Adventurer is to play recklessly. And I felt so far to beat nightmare with this approach.

Once I unlock Adventurer again (long story), I'll probably try a build with some wyrmic tree (they give some additional ranged-melee strike option)

My build has range attack covered by distortion. I've put it into test, the main problem is a weak early game, distortion/hammer are both starting weak. Wyrmic tree is a great option, only class that has AOE as far as range 6 scales with weapon attack. I've test Wyrimic + Magic combat, find out that all hits are considered melee attacks, so if your Wing Buffet hits 5 foes in a 6 range cone, it will proc like crazy. And it fits best with dual wield, Dissolve will hit 8 times, Wing Buffet will hit two times, knock back both time, etc. The only problem is useful skills are not in the same tree, you'll probably use a cat point just for one skill.

Micbran wrote:
I got one question for you.... What do you spend your first category points on? You only start with 7.

Class 2-5, Generic 1,2. Pick up stone on 10.