ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 7:00 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 6:58 pm 
Yeek

Just found one interesting detail:
Level 50 Flame Imp gives you lvl 5 Flame Bolts. But when you dual-wield imp-imbued weapons you get 7th level.

So 55% to hurl up to 5 Flame Bolts for 219 each with 80 spellpower and 73 fire damage.
With added Black Crown (+0.2 to mastery of demon seed skills) we get Flame bolts at level 8.4 => 62% chance to hurl 6 Flame Bolts for 239 each

Can Demonic Pact substitute Arcane combat? Nearly same proc chance (62vs 79, but without penalties for dual-wielding), 1 less category (no need for earth) and added benefit of potential ~25% global speed from armor-uruivelas and 10% life steal from Suffuse Life

Is (on hit (Spell)) check for every target hit by bolts?

Any ideas how to construct build around this?

P.S. Can someone link me a tool to cheat on my character? I want to test this with telekinetically wielded imp-imbued weapon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:04 pm 
Uruivellas

Go to T-Engine\4.0\settings or whatever folder you have ToME on.

Add a file called cheat.cfg to the settings folder.

Put in the text "cheat = true", without the quotes. To disable debug mode, set it to false.

It hasn't worked yet.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2014 10:05 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Learn any Mindslayer talent and you get the TK weapon slot for free.

Shooting flame bolts? Maybe you want Wildfire along side that, for extra damage and respen.

If you can afford Wildfire and Fire and Magical Combat, then you're shooting a lot of damage each turn.

To enable Cheat Mode, you can just go to the Options entry on the Main Menu and enable "Developer Mode".

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 9:59 pm 
Wyrmic

I guess I should post a guide for my brawler/magic combat madness winner, but basically I want to caution you that certain setup generate too much damage when not playing madness so you may wish to be a little measured on how things stack up.

On my madness adventurer when I killed Linalil (or however its spelled) a couple days ago, I combo kicked her for 50,000 damage. Half of that was from Earthen Missile procs. I then flurry of fists for 35k damage.

My earthen missile hits for 1200 per missile (1050 + 150 bleed, 100% crit). And its at 5 so that is x3.

To put that into perspective, just the earthen missile portion one-shots almost everything on Insane except endbosses and almost one shots Snap-root backup guardian.

Now I am not too sure how the fire branch of Magic Combat would turn out, I think Stone is a better for various reasons (needs less cat points for one), but if you maximize Magic Combat with various things (like Great weapon focus) just be aware it can get into the stupid amounts of damage range when you fully max it out with +%dam and crit mult etc.

So I just want to caution you that while this may be a good idea, it can definitely be too good of an idea for certain difficulties.

You are unlikely to ever get enough damage to make Madness trivial, but Insane is like (very roughly) 10x less HP than madness.

Also the magic combat total damage is really hard to project out due to procs. I had no idea quite how much damage I could get the build to. Even after I finished Insane I was kind of guessing as to whether to would work in Madness.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2014 10:08 pm 
Wyrmic

Doctornull wrote:
Learn any Mindslayer talent and you get the TK weapon slot for free.

Shooting flame bolts? Maybe you want Wildfire along side that, for extra damage and respen.

If you can afford Wildfire and Fire and Magical Combat, then you're shooting a lot of damage each turn.

To enable Cheat Mode, you can just go to the Options entry on the Main Menu and enable "Developer Mode".

The problem here from my analysis with builds like this (augmented magic combat) is that you are likely to find it really hard to fit in other things like Greater Weapon focus which can be a huge damage increase for Magic Combat (I have gotten GWF to 60-70% proc chance before).

And if you do manage to fit in GWF then you probably are either skimping on something that you may need for defense or you may miss out on something like Conveyance (which IMO is one of the most powerful skill lines in the entire game for Insane+ difficulties).

Even just natively there are a whole lot of skill lines that are really tempting to shove into Magic Combat (Shadow Combat, Lethality, and many others). But for a truly fun and interesting build you need to also cover some defense and utlity bases.

There is where good and solid adventurer builds become really quite challenging. I would agree with Doc's respen thing which is one reason Stone is so much nicer (I know it doesn't fit this idea) for Adventurer because the attack and respen are in same skill line. Just saying this to illustrate the conundrum. You do want respen its definitely good to have along with WF other good things, but this means you are forced into one less cat point compared to some other Adventurer Magic Combat build.

I think you will find things will start to feel really tight or some things you really want come rather late.