ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jun 23, 2017 1:44 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:07 pm 
Wayist

Okay, So i'm trying to think of a fun build to use on Nightmare adventure mode and I've got a general idea, but not too sure how to incorporate it. I'm currently thinking of: Solspism, Dual weapons, Arcane weapons, celestial light, reaver combat (i think its called), absorption, fire, necromancy minions, chronomancy weapon folding, and temporal combat. Any other suggestions on how to make this a viable build that will do well in nightmare adventure and be fun?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:14 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

not sure, but if you get a TK weapon, you'd have even more fun. I'd also add staff combat and get the great on procs accuracy bonus from staves.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:14 pm 
Wyrmic

I have an adventuerer build with serious bump effect damage using arcane combat that I can post.

I won Insane with it and I believe it can win Madness (current finished orc prides on madness).

Its not really the talent list you list though. It also leverages as much combat speed/global speed as possible to get a lot of bump damage per hit but also many hits.

I guess I can post a guide if you are interested but I warn you it would utterly destroy Nightmare, I wouldn't even reccomend running it on NM its too strong. It killed the endbosses in Insane in less than 3 normal speed turns so it would make NM kind of boring. It was designed for Madness.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:57 am 
Cornac

Please do, I'd like to see what you did ^^

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:21 pm 
Archmage

I imagine that the Doombringer's Incinerating Blows would be pretty nice for moar bump damage (though its not quite as awesome without Burning Sacrifice)

Ever wonder why Tarelion sends you into the Abashed Expanse instead of a team of archmages lead by himself? They all figured "Eh, might as well toss that violent oaf up in there and see if he manages to kick things back into place.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:45 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Flame 5/5 + Arcane Combat 5/5 + Heart of Fire can outclass damage from Incinerating Blows + Heart of Fire, but they stack so if you find the points you can certainly take both.