ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:34 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:34 am 
Yeek

So far I'm thinking a very durable setup based on Psionic/Dreaming's Dream Prison, Technique/Shield Defense's Last Stand, general bonuses to durability (possibly in the form of gear), and using Psionic/Focus' Mindlash to manage the oozes that somehow manage to resist the sleep. That being said, my attempt with this was ended quickly when I tried to kill Ben Cruthdar the Cursed at level 4 (as a result I am yet to see how easy it would be to drag this character to 30), however that attempt was doomed to fail as I forgot to take Combat Training and as a result, could not use shields. This idea is entirely based on that one time I was struggling with a solipsist so I decided to give dream prison a try, and used my regeneration infusion to manage my psi, and quickly learned I could've lasted like that permanently.

Generics

Psionic/Voracity Both for the crowd control of the first 2, and the backup psi gain. Not like +50 max psi hurts, tbh.

Psionic/Dreaming This tree is home to the ability that encouraged this experiment about a super-slimer. Dream Prison is certainly going to have a few points invested in it, if not 5/5.

Celestial/Light So that your slimy friends can get healed to prevent the nasty ones from getting close, also it's a nice durability bonus

Class

Technique/Shield Defense Certainly something I'm not entirely sure about, it does increase your durability considerably.

Psionic/Focus For managing those slimy little rebels.

Psionic/Nightmare For the cone-based sleep, and also so you can mindlash brittle oozes around the things you want dead (Night Terrors, I believe)

Psionic/Solipsism It took me 3 points in Solipsism, a very potent regeneration infusion, and a slightly small psi pool to be able to function normally while channeling Dream Prison.

Last edited by Antonymouse on Mon Feb 17, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:41 pm 
Sher'Tul

You can buy the Combat Training tree for 50g in Last Hope.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:58 pm 
Thalore

I did something similar with a Ghourtle (HUGE penalty to global speed) and just focused on a build that let me stand still and nuke everything. Heavy resists and a lot of 'x damage when hit' skills along with feedback/discharge, dream forge, and the like.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 7:23 pm 
Yeek

Faeryan wrote:
You can buy the Combat Training tree for 50g in Last Hope.

I did not know that. I unlocked adventurer, made a hammer-based adventurer, then decided to give a sludgenest based setup a try. Thank you for telling me that, now I can focus on the light tree instead