ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri May 26, 2017 4:48 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Apr 01, 2017 2:18 am 
Uruivellas

I'm a fan of Cunning for basically every character. I would only dump it if I really needed three other stats.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2017 9:53 pm 
Halfling

If, due to a bizarre compulsion, you felt compelled to play with both Temporal Hounds and tinkers, would you drop Time Shield or Web of Fate out of your defensive lineup?

Playing as a possessor I quite like standing behind the hounds and shooting people through them, maybe less compelling for people who can regen HP.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 10:48 pm 
Uruivellas

Webs of Fate is way more important than Time Shield.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:27 pm 
Wyrmic

Snarvid wrote:
If, due to a bizarre compulsion, you felt compelled to play with both Temporal Hounds and tinkers, would you drop Time Shield or Web of Fate out of your defensive lineup?

Playing as a possessor I quite like standing behind the hounds and shooting people through them, maybe less compelling for people who can regen HP.

Do all of them, be a cornac, and only take max inscriptions.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 1:15 pm 
Uruivellas

I disagree with your assessment of Weapon Manifold. It's been a long time since I last played, but I remember it putting out great damage and status effects midgame. Am I missing something?
Great guide otherwise.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 5:05 pm 
Uruivellas

Weapon Manifold does very low damage, just 85 at 5/5 with 100 paradox spellpower. Its statuses are really good if you can land them, but since you don't build spellpower, it's hard to get them to stick. Since you attack really fast there isn't any point getting more than 1/5 and you get a point in it anyway since Breach requires it.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 9:26 pm 
Thalore

[s]Having great luck following this guide on Insane. Done with the prides and am about to clear the tunnel bosses. Only fly in the ointment is that I haven't found any magic dispersion gloves. How much of a necessity are they for the final fight?[/s]

Nevermind. Found a set of dispersion gloves. Absolutely steamrolled HP and the final fight. Went on to murder Ata and Linaniil without a sweat. Thanks to bpat for this great guide on a super powerful class. :D