Going to pick some prodigies, and a few stood out -
Arcane Might - my magic and spellpower are crazy high. This seems like an amazing option. But maybe I'm misunderstanding what an 'additional' modifier means, given that all my weapons already have Magic in place of Str?
Swift Hands - while abilities autoswitch, Thread Walk isn't always on the set I'd like. Seems like a meh option that could increase versitility. I kind of wish swapping was already free.
Through the Crowd -with Temporal Hounds, I' looking at a virtually constant +30 to all saves, as well as being able to move much more quickly through them.
Thoughts?EDIT: Also, my many many hounds.
All of those sound like neat options, I don't think any except for Swift Hands are WRONG. However, even though I haven't tried Arcane Might or Trough the Crowd with that many hounds, I feel they are nothing more than that - kinda neat. I think Temporal Form and Draconic Will are easily the two best Prodogies you could go for, so you should choose those IMO.
Some more reasoning why I don't like any of those Prodigies, as well as some explaining as to what they do:
- Adds 50% Mag damage modifier on all your weapons, meaning they'll deal 50 more base damage (the number that's affected by your weapon power) if you have 100 Mag - This is not great as it doesn't increase your DPS by as much as you'd hope; it's gonna increase each hit's damage by about 75 or so, depending on your weapon power.
- The Physical Power increase: This is kinda neat because it adds 50% of your effective Spellpower (the number that is shown on your character sheet) to you effective Physical Power. This is pretty cool because it is not affected by diminishing returns. In effect, you're gonna increase each hit's damage by 50% of your effective Spellpower plus you're gonna have an easier time e.g. stunning foes. Let's be kinda generous and say you have 70 Spellpower, so that's another 35 damage.
- The Phys. Crit Chance increase: not gonna matter much because I don't think maxing Cun is that great, so you'll get another 10% phys. crit chance or so.
So in total this Prodigie is gonna increase your damage by about 110 per hit later on as well as increase your phys crit chance by 10%. This might seem like a good deal but I think there are better options - specifically Temporal Form. That Prodigie is not gonna increase your damage by that much but it's pretty close because you can get a lot of +Temporal damage with this. You'll also get damage penetration and some immunities so it's all around really nice prodigie. In terms of Math, you effectively gain at least +15% all damage while in Temporal Form so you MIGHT actually be getting more damage from this later on.
- Only does one thing; make the game a very little bit more convinient for you. Thing is, TWs are designed in a way that makes it so you almost never have to swap weapons. As I talked about in my guide, you can always use Thread Walk to teleport; either hit an enemy with your melee weapons and get a random teleport or just shoot it wherever you wanna go. I can not imagine a situation in which I really wanted to swap weapons manually.
Through the Crowd:
- +30 on all saves is good and all but this should only give you about +5 to all effective saves if you are geared out correctly, since out of phase effects already give you a LOT of saves. And even then, Draconic Will is almost strictly better because you basically gain an infinite amount of all saves 1/3 of your turns. Also, given TW's incredible mobility, i don't think the instant-move is a worthwhile effect, it's more like a huge overkill
I hope this somewhat helped you with your desicion and I whish you look with TWs