ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 9:35 am 
Higher

Despite having Dark Vision maxed I seem to be unable too see past adjacent tiles in creeping darkness. Is this a bug or am I missing something? Also, any thoughts on Doomed? Is gestures of pain plus Psiblades worthwhile?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:08 am 
Thalore

The vision issue is a bug, which I believe has been reported.

As for gestures, the first three seem a good investment, as you gain benefits from mindstars. The last one deflects a very minimal amount of damage so it's probably not worth putting any points in.

Presumably taking mindstar mastery and activating psiblades would further improve gestures, so if you have the generics it may also be worth investing in. Leaves Tide (40% to avoid ANY attack) is still very good and is worth putting points in.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:28 pm 
Low Yeek

Max, I have not tested it myself, in order to speak with any certainty, but when I was trying out the Doomed, I asked in the global chat if it's wroth getting Psi-blades on it. The response was that it isn't worth it, because when you attack with Psi-blades on, it doesn't apply the mindstar effects from the Gestures. Is it true, I don't know, because I haven't tested it personally, so I only go by the words of others, who seem more experienced.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:01 pm 
Uruivellas

The tooltip states, and the code suggests, that you only see creatures moving in the dark - that is, only tiles with actors.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2014 2:56 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Gesture of Pain intercepts your attacks and replaces the attack with a Mindpower mental assault that isn't an attack.

Mindstar Mastery buffs your attacks (thus irrelevant), and buffs the +Mindpower bonus from mindstars (minor but relevant). IMHO not worth the investment, but if you have 5 spare Generic points and no place to put them, then it's not entirely worthless.

Leaves Tide is very relevant and works fine with Gestures.

I think Thorn Grab works.

Natures Equilibrium ... dunno.