ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Nov 23, 2017 1:04 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 12:54 pm 
Halfling

sofocles wrote:
Sianist wrote:
for what its worth i just observed both a spell and the free melee attack both critting at the same time
--- if that is true then only spell crit matters.

how do you get that ... i've seen both spell crit, melee crit and both crit

PostPosted: Sun May 19, 2013 6:57 pm 
Wayist

Yeah, I tend to play mostly high damage/low survivability stuff, make it dead asap or get out (Rogue/Corrupter/etc). My primary offense was soulrot, drain, or VD at a distance (catabombs if it would survive more than 1 nuke). I avoided melee for the most part, unless I had a predetermined choke point set up.

As a side note, with 1.50 mastery in Plague, VD has a range of 11, so with 11 or higher light range you can drop diseases on stuff that hasn't even reacted to you yet (very satisfying on those annoying pyro/cyro's).

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 8:53 pm 
Thalore

With the new Born into Magic damage boost I'd imagine Higher would be spiking up a few ranks for plague-wielders... just buff your blight damage and go to town. Anyone know if it applies to your diseases or only to your direct damage? In any case, if your looking for jsmile's max light range, Highers have a natural edge there as well.

Also, Epidemic spreading Ghoul Rot... at all reliable? I keep failing hard at Ghoul Reaver, probably because I'm used to having lots of AM and have a hard time without either inscriptions or AM. Leaning towards Higher for my own sanity.

Finally - Epidemic's non-disease damage requirement for spreading - does Catalepsy or Cyst Burst count as non-disease damage?

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 3:27 am 
Wayist

Cyst Burst spreads all diseases on the target (except ghoul rot i think?). I'm not sure if cata can spread epidemic or not, it didn't really matter because even a single disease catabomb/overkill will wipe out everything in a 2 tile radius regardless of whether the disease spreads or not. I think it might though.

On that screenshot I posted earlier it shows the epidemic spreading to Aeryn. That was an epidemic/darkportal/VD/cata combo, and it shows the epidemic spreading to Aeryn on the final cast (and taking cata damage from the epidemic + overkill damage from Elandar's untimely demise).

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:09 am 
Uruivellas

http://te4.org/characters/4384/tome/a6e29b6b-498b-4297-bf9f-103e4de63e5f

Higher Reavers work pretty well. This one roughly followed the guide, but didn't go all that much into reaving combat - it's nice stuff, but it doesn't scale that well. Focused more on Plagues.

Left the first Higher talent at 1, took the second at 3 (breakpoint for IV bonus), the third at 5 (awesome) and Highborns Bloom at 2 - lasts long enough to fire my nukes and shoot ID twice, great combo with Life Tap.

Put cat points in Plagues (range 11 with sight over 10 is nice) and celestial/light, mainly for providence, but it also let me skip on healing/regen infusions.

First prodigy was Spine of the World per misclick, but it didn't turn out too bad. Second was Endless Woes, and it is hilarious. Even your diseases become diseased! Temporal Form would have been interesting for dealing with blight-immune stuff, but it wasn't to be.

Non-instant runes and activable equipment (wands are actually nice) will proc your bonus attack, as will spells that get procced by crits from instant runes: Life Drinker + Lightning Rune + crit = wham! Equipment spells are also nice to weaken enemies so your vim spells get refunded.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:18 am 
Thalore

jotwebe wrote:
Non-instant runes and activable equipment (wands are actually nice) will proc your bonus attack, as will spells that get procced by crits from instant runes: Life Drinker + Lightning Rune + crit = wham! Equipment spells are also nice to weaken enemies so your vim spells get refunded.

Wow....

Best choice: belt that gives you shield+ free proc

Anybody can think of good combos with items?

Oh, and i still believe ghoul fits the whole "disease" idea muuuch better (body decaying and so...)
Endless woes is a great option but only 20% of the time...

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:28 am 
Wayist

wiki says this on the reaver page:

Quote:
Light tree is amazing on Reaver. Thanks to your most important ability, you don't waste turns when healing, shielding or "providencing" with spells.

What is "your most important ability?" I don't see this passive or sustain anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:15 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

faction55 wrote:
wiki says this on the reaver page:

Quote:
Light tree is amazing on Reaver. Thanks to your most important ability, you don't waste turns when healing, shielding or "providencing" with spells.

What is "your most important ability?" I don't see this passive or sustain anywhere.

I think it means that thanks to Corrupted Strength, when you cast a spell which takes a turn to cast (like Healing Light, Barrier or Providence), you get a free melee attack.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:43 am 
Sher'Tul

...and this is, in fact, *completely* correct. Walk into melee with someone. Bubble, and hit them. Heal, and hit them. Providence, and hit them. none of it costs anything but cooldown, and your on-spellcast attack actually deals more damage than your standard bump attack when maxxed. It's *tasty*.