ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:39 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Question about Wyrmics
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 3:08 am 
Halfling

I'm still kinda confused as to what they all like to look for in gear. Can I get someone to spend a few minutes and tell me what skills go with what stat, and if using mindstars, how they interact with the class. It does seem a bit confusing. I greatly appreciate any and all help :)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 2:44 pm 
Sher'Tul

I would need more then 'a few minutes' to lay out building a Wyrmic.

The thing to note about Wyrmics is that there really isn't any correct way of building them. They could use Two Handed Weapons, A One Handed Weapon and a Shield, Mindstars, or a One Handed Weapon and Mindstar all very effectively. They can focus on being more oriented towards those weapons or they could shy away from them and focus more on being Shaman-like or Caster-like.

The only real givens is that you should not train the Magic Stat on them, and Dexterity probably has a little less use for them as they aren't really defensive tanks or really worrying about their accuracy.

Last edited by Davion Fuxa on Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 6:57 pm 
Halfling

SHOULD train the magic stat? o.O Did I miss something or did you mean shouldn't?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 7:14 pm 
Uruivellas

I'd assume he meant shouldn't, because he then goes on to talk about how you also shouldn't put too many points in dex either.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:51 pm 
Sher'Tul

Indeed, that was a mistype. I should just start saying 'Should' or 'Should Not' in my typing to avoid that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:33 am 
Sher'Tul

Okay so I'll give this an attempt. I've currently played through and won with the Wyrmic class twice, once with a Thaloran Wyrmic and once with a Yeek Wyrmic. The Thaloran Wyrmic made use of One Handed Weapons and Shields and related talents while the Yeek Wyrmic made use of an assortment of weapons before eventually settling in to use a One Handed Weapon and Mindstar.

You can view the characters in the character vault. Davion Wyrmic Look was my Thaloran Wyrmic and Davion CrazyYell was my Yeek Wyrmic.

Also of note before going into this, be aware that what is said here applies to the Wyrmic class as it is now - it is likely going to get changed in the near future from my understanding.

Stats:

Strength - In most cases, Strength will be your primary stat on Wyrmics. It plays into the amount of damage you will be doing with your melee attacks with conventional weapons but it mainly is important since your damage with Bellowing Roar or the various Breath Attack talents is based off the stat. Also of note is the 'Eye of the Wyrm' Mindstar, you'll find that unlike regular Mindstars that this one has the strength stat factor into its damage - and if you find that Mindstar then you'll likely want to use it in your run if you aren't focusing on conventional weapon talents.

Willpower - In other cases, Willpower will be your primary stat on Wyrmics. When using Mindstars, Willpower will be the main component in your damage output. Willpower is also important for helping boost up your Mindpower which plays a part in your Fungus talents, Call of the Wild talents, and Storm Drake Aspect talents. Willpower also directly plays into the talent power for Icy Skin and Devouring Flames.

Constitution - While it might be odd to say this, there isn't any talents per say that benefit from a higher Constitution stat. Never the less, Constitution is likely the go to stat for Wyrmics that are looking for a defensive stat since none of your talents benefit from Dexterity either. Moreso as well, Draconic Body is immediately available to you at level 30 if you have the Constitution stat requirements.

Cunning - The final stat to look into for Wyrmics, Cunning is important regardless of what type of build you pursue on your Wyrmic for giving your criticals; notably Wyrmics suffer on their damage output so this is going to be one of the ways you can continue to eek out just a bit more. Cunning is also important for further shoring up your Mindpower and helping out with Mindstars as well.

Gear:

Obviously if you plan on using a specific weapon talents, you'll need the specific weapons for them. Outside of that, you are pretty free to do whatever you want with Wyrmics in regards to gear.

As a recommendation, Defensively I would suggest primarily searching for resistance gears - it shouldn't be that hard for a Wyrmic to get maximum resistance in Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Acid since your Elemental Drake Aspect talents all increase your resistances by 1% per talent level (or 0.5% for Physical with Sand Drake Aspect talents). You can also make good use of Save equipment - all Wyrmics are going to train some Willpower and your inclined to pick up some Cunning so your Saves are going to be looking much better then most classes; and Prismatic Slash can buffer Saves by +1 per talent level too. Additional Heal Modifiers also gets a note - Wyrmics as regenerating tanks so you benefit a lot from increased heal amounts.

In terms of Offenses, Mental Critical Rate is obviously going to be valuable to you if you can find it on various gear retrieved in your travels - more Mental Critical Rate means more Breath Attack Damage. Respectively, if you get some critical damage going off, having Critical Modifier equipment will help. Resistance penetration to the respective Elemental Drake Aspect talents you make use of can also be quite useful - Elandar and Argoniel are already going to be hell to kill without you having to worry about their Resist All. Oddly enough, you can also benefit somewhat from additional stat gear - since a lot of your damage is based off your stats like Strength and Willpower.

A note on some items to look out for in your runs too:

Eye of the Wyrm - If you aren't focusing on using conventional weapon talents or are actively using Mindstars, then making use of the Eye of the Wyrm if you find it. This powerful Mindstar boosts Dragon related Damage types and Resistances, Mentral critical chance, Mindpower, and gives you a small category increases in ALL your respective Elemental Drake Aspect categories. It also gives you a random Breath Attack clicky on top of all that.

Chromatic Harness - This is an armor piece tailor made for Wyrmics. For all characters it will heavily increased Dragon type Resistances and Stats, Dragon Telepathy, and give 50%Blindness, 50% Knockdown, and 25% Stun/Freeze Immunity. For Wyrmics it will also reduce your Breath Attack cooldowns (Besides Venomous Breath) by 3. A truly powerful piece of Armor.

Wanderer's Rest - Wyrmics more then any other class should be looking to use Wanderer's Rest. You have Lightning Speed on Wyrmics so you aren't really inclined to use Movement Infusions as much. If you go Anti-magic, it is still useful for when Movement Infusions won't get you over the wall of enemies in front of you.

Crown of the Elements or Dragonskull Helm - These helmet piece is good for any class really, but Wyrmics can use these on top of other equipment and their talents to get maximum resistance to the elements or close to it. Crown of the Elements is probably better since it helps your melee attacks out and lets you see invisible a little better - use the Dragonskull Helm only if you don't have the Chromatic Harness and if you are trying to get beefy saves.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 9:07 pm 
Halfling

speaking of the change, do we have any idea when that is going to be? I really want to play another wyrmic but doesn't seem worth it if i'll have to start over yet again. Also, much appreciated for the help in defining what to look for :)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 8:33 pm 
Cornac

Davion Fuxa wrote:
Okay so I'll give this an attempt. I've currently played through and won with the Wyrmic class twice, once with a Thaloran Wyrmic and once with a Yeek Wyrmic. The Thaloran Wyrmic made use of One Handed Weapons and Shields and related talents while the Yeek Wyrmic made use of an assortment of weapons before eventually settling in to use a One Handed Weapon and Mindstar.

You can view the characters in the character vault. Davion Wyrmic Look was my Thaloran Wyrmic and Davion CrazyYell was my Yeek Wyrmic.

Also of note before going into this, be aware that what is said here applies to the Wyrmic class as it is now - it is likely going to get changed in the near future from my understanding.

Stats:

Strength - In most cases, Strength will be your primary stat on Wyrmics. It plays into the amount of damage you will be doing with your melee attacks with conventional weapons but it mainly is important since your damage with Bellowing Roar or the various Breath Attack talents is based off the stat. Also of note is the 'Eye of the Wyrm' Mindstar, you'll find that unlike regular Mindstars that this one has the strength stat factor into its damage - and if you find that Mindstar then you'll likely want to use it in your run if you aren't focusing on conventional weapon talents.

Willpower - In other cases, Willpower will be your primary stat on Wyrmics. When using Mindstars, Willpower will be the main component in your damage output. Willpower is also important for helping boost up your Mindpower which plays a part in your Fungus talents, Call of the Wild talents, and Storm Drake Aspect talents. Willpower also directly plays into the talent power for Icy Skin and Devouring Flames.

Constitution - While it might be odd to say this, there isn't any talents per say that benefit from a higher Constitution stat. Never the less, Constitution is likely the go to stat for Wyrmics that are looking for a defensive stat since none of your talents benefit from Dexterity either. Moreso as well, Draconic Body is immediately available to you at level 30 if you have the Constitution stat requirements.

Cunning - The final stat to look into for Wyrmics, Cunning is important regardless of what type of build you pursue on your Wyrmic for giving your criticals; notably Wyrmics suffer on their damage output so this is going to be one of the ways you can continue to eek out just a bit more. Cunning is also important for further shoring up your Mindpower and helping out with Mindstars as well.

Gear:

Obviously if you plan on using a specific weapon talents, you'll need the specific weapons for them. Outside of that, you are pretty free to do whatever you want with Wyrmics in regards to gear.

As a recommendation, Defensively I would suggest primarily searching for resistance gears - it shouldn't be that hard for a Wyrmic to get maximum resistance in Fire, Cold, Lightning, and Acid since your Elemental Drake Aspect talents all increase your resistances by 1% per talent level (or 0.5% for Physical with Sand Drake Aspect talents). You can also make good use of Save equipment - all Wyrmics are going to train some Willpower and your inclined to pick up some Cunning so your Saves are going to be looking much better then most classes; and Prismatic Slash can buffer Saves by +1 per talent level too. Additional Heal Modifiers also gets a note - Wyrmics as regenerating tanks so you benefit a lot from increased heal amounts.

In terms of Offenses, Mental Critical Rate is obviously going to be valuable to you if you can find it on various gear retrieved in your travels - more Mental Critical Rate means more Breath Attack Damage. Respectively, if you get some critical damage going off, having Critical Modifier equipment will help. Resistance penetration to the respective Elemental Drake Aspect talents you make use of can also be quite useful - Elandar and Argoniel are already going to be hell to kill without you having to worry about their Resist All. Oddly enough, you can also benefit somewhat from additional stat gear - since a lot of your damage is based off your stats like Strength and Willpower.

A note on some items to look out for in your runs too:

Eye of the Wyrm - If you aren't focusing on using conventional weapon talents or are actively using Mindstars, then making use of the Eye of the Wyrm if you find it. This powerful Mindstar boosts Dragon related Damage types and Resistances, Mentral critical chance, Mindpower, and gives you a small category increases in ALL your respective Elemental Drake Aspect categories. It also gives you a random Breath Attack clicky on top of all that.

Chromatic Harness - This is an armor piece tailor made for Wyrmics. For all characters it will heavily increased Dragon type Resistances and Stats, Dragon Telepathy, and give 50%Blindness, 50% Knockdown, and 25% Stun/Freeze Immunity. For Wyrmics it will also reduce your Breath Attack cooldowns (Besides Venomous Breath) by 3. A truly powerful piece of Armor.

Wanderer's Rest - Wyrmics more then any other class should be looking to use Wanderer's Rest. You have Lightning Speed on Wyrmics so you aren't really inclined to use Movement Infusions as much. If you go Anti-magic, it is still useful for when Movement Infusions won't get you over the wall of enemies in front of you.

Crown of the Elements or Dragonskull Helm - These helmet piece is good for any class really, but Wyrmics can use these on top of other equipment and their talents to get maximum resistance to the elements or close to it. Crown of the Elements is probably better since it helps your melee attacks out and lets you see invisible a little better - use the Dragonskull Helm only if you don't have the Chromatic Harness and if you are trying to get beefy saves.

Destala's Scales - Cloak. Boosts Cun, Acid Penetration/Dam PLUS it CAT's the WildGift/Venom tree and with ON HIT venom spray ( nature dam to proc) its like +1/3 damage, high end on top of your normal bump damage. Dual handed. Also you get another Dissolve. For a Wrymic this is where its at. IF you go dual handed ( Mindstar) dissolve for 8 hits (4 hits per weapon attack) .. x 2.. plus the Spray.. If you are one handed I think yea skip it but just for the extra Dissolve it is so worth keeping.