Ok, so I've been playing Wyrmics on nightmare and normal, roguelike.
I have never played them before, and I can see why. They are the worst class by a long shot.
1. They have a resource, equi, that as they use increases the chance that their talents FAIL. Unlike paradox, this higher failure rate brings no benefits.
2. Their talents become less and less effective as you progress, making it harder and harder to kill anything quickly.
3. Several of their talents can hurt themselves, or allies, making escorts difficult to rescue, and self-damage easy
4. They have cunning survival locked, making charm mastery and trap detection difficult to get
5. They have no talents to suit mindstar wielders, even though this makes sense as a choice to max out mindpower
6. They have almost no good defensive talents, esp compared with other classes
7. Their talents have very long cooldowns on average, making them vulnerable in long fights, and fights get longer as you progress.
The fact that there are 3-4 addons to fix wyrmics confirms that many players have the same view.
So, they need a LOT of tlc to improve them.
Question... have you read shwqa's guide
Ancestral Life handles their equi problems rather easily. No defensive talents... are you kidding me? They start
with fungus, arguably one of the best defensive trees in the game. With two regen infusions and wild growth maxed, you literally have a regen running on you for every single turn of the game after that point. If you really want overkill, drop a cat point and grab AM to buff it up even more, and you will be hard pressed to find a non-boss/elite that will drop you below half health.
As for the offensive side of things, I have never had a problem dishing out insane damage as a wyrmic. Personally, they are my favorite class in the game and I won't be running the mod because I simply love them just as they are.