ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:53 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 2:35 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

[url="http://te4.org/characters/4758/tome/4e215d34-0748-4f5f-8d87-9f5e15f9a514"]Sollux[/url] is at a decision point and I have questions for the more experienced players here.

1) How much mindpower does it take before mental tyranny is worth taking? I'm at 59, but haven't started commissioning merchant randarts yet.

2) What, if any, elemental effects do I lose? I'm assuming I'd lose freezing on ice breath, but would I lose the disarms and the debuff from corrosive mist?

3) If I don't take Mental Tyranny any suggestions for a final prodigy?

4) If I do take Mental Tyranny is Higher Draconic Abilities worth a cat point?

5) If I don't cat higher draconic where should the last cat point go? I'm guessing either mindstar or fungus?

6) If I don't go into higher draconic which class skills benefit most from further boosting? The talents in Swallow are all floating, but I put them in because I'm running into equilium issues in long fights. Same reason I'm not using Icy Skin.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:56 am 
Thalore

Atarlost wrote:
2) What, if any, elemental effects do I lose?
You won't lose any special effects from ice damage or anything. Ice breath will still freeze, corrosive mist will still corrode, etc.
There are some damage type based effects that are lost, for example Madness won't apply to mind damage talents that are used in temporal form. In general if a talent says "every time you deal [damage type] damage" then Mental Tyranny will stop it from triggering (unless [damage type] is mind, obviously), but otherwise it won't.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:27 pm 
Higher

I think 59 is too low too beat monsters' mind save. Know that all mind damage should beat the targets' save, otherwise it will be halved. You'll need at least 70 mindpower.

I recommend Draconic Will or Meteoric Crash (If you witnessed the random event)
I noticed you choose antimagic, then Spell Feedback is another option.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:21 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

With a switch to a different mindstar set and some making a certain merchant substantially wealthier I can break 80 mindpower, but I drop from 100% stun resist to 50% stun resist.

I'm therefore still interested in answers to #s 4-6.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 7:53 pm 
Cornac

I can't claim to be among the more experienced players here, but my last Wyrmic build looks like this:

http://te4.org/characters/63460/tome/ca67f9a4-03c9-4d6d-8f3c-8de5690929f4

My build seems a lil more melee based than yours, also I really wasn't planning on switching to mindstars until I did just that. I've been maxing out +Wil powers as soon as i could get them, and failing that strength.. ( I didn't know that mindpower maxes out at 100, as such I can totally drop my off-hand weapon with its adjusted +15 Wil and still hit 100 mindpower.. ugg - just off of the +Str gains)

I opened Higher Dragonic early, small boost with the amulet, with melee in mind and hit strength (plus weapon mastery?!?!?; hard).

You may do better with items that up the stats, like +Wil or +Str (given your first prodigy of Superpower) rather then items which only give a boost to mindpower ( which end up being tiered boosts anyways).

That said, given how many points you have spent on Con, it seems a real shame if your second prodigy wasn't in that class. Given your infusions and Con stats I don't know how effective something like Fungal Blood is for you, (mines like 58 saved and max 317) and then Bloodspring sounds interesting but again no clue how effective it would be for you.

Also, any time you want to switch armours I am down and gaaaaah damn do you have some very nice equipment.