ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 12:08 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 11:28 pm 
Wayist

What do those figures in the table mean?

I am not seeing any noticeable golem behaviour change when those figures are changed from 1 to 50 to 100.

It would have been really nice to make golem cast shields and lazers whenever it can instead of useless moves like hitting something with a stave.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 4:11 pm 
Uruivellas

He probably hits with the staff just because his talents are on cooldown, tactical AI generally prefers to use talents.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:07 pm 
Wayist

Golem has more than 10 different abilities. With some of them having quite a short cooldowns, like the lazers. The state when -all- of them are on cooldown may happen, but not quite soon after the start of the fight. And I've seen it hitting with the staff at turn 2 or 3 of the fight quite often.

The test was always performed after waiting 50 turns before initiating the next fight, so I am sure all golem abilities were off cd at the start.

Also, I have only 4 abilities having big weights (50), other abilities have 1. I expected that those 4 abilities are going to be used first, maybe with a rare mix of other abilities until all of those 4 are on cd. This is not what happens.