ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 7:38 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:42 pm 
Wyrmic

Another thing worth mentioning is that provided you unlocked it, Tinkers does really well with an Alchemist. You can use Gem Portal on the wall to avoid the enemies and grab it at Level 10 provided you have the money (but your Golem my rush out to hit them anyway). You have the Generics to spare, and stuff like the Mana Coil and rightly named Alchemist's Helper may provide a good benefit to certain builds with the right Cat point juggling. The only disadvantage to this is that you won't be extracting gems as often, but gems+tinkers can still rack up bonuses pretty nicely.

These trees are also big deals for Skeletons, as salves provide healing among other things. Healing Salves aren't as good as infusions in some way, but they're better than nothing when Re-Assemble is on cooldown and come from common materials. There's also the allmighty Unstoppable Force Salve.

Last edited by Chronosplit on Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:39 am 
Archmage

Chronosplit wrote:
You can use Gem Portal on the wall to avoid the enemies and grab it at Level 10 provided you have the money (but your Golem my rush out to hit them anyway).

Ah, that was QUITE good point, thanks!
Yeah, Tinker tree rocks, Alchemist + that tree is super good, can recommend to all.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:13 am 
Archmage

Since it's the only active Alchmist thread, I'm going to ask it here.
I came to ask, if there is a creative way to use your golem?

What about https://te4.org/wiki/Arcane_amplificati ... ct_(talent) - how it useful for Alchemist?
160% damage sound useful, but as arcane? How common this resistance?
Also, Alchemist doesn't have that mach spells to throw in these 3 turns.
Wht do you say?

My current Alchemist run using Tinker tree, but when I tried to teach my golem Shoot talent, I couldn't. :cry:

darkgod wrote:
And an useless one in a thread called "Updated Alchemist Guide: the beginner friendly class" :)

Hi! Can you clarify if you will give more love to good old golem and for example we will have the way(s) to teach golem Shoot talent?
You know - "make the golems great again" and all that?
Maybe Blighted Summoning can add Shoot talent to golem?
I definitely can see my golem with a trusty Shotgonne, randomly using Explosive Shell sometimes...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:37 pm 

GlassGo wrote:
What about https://te4.org/wiki/Arcane_amplificati ... ct_(talent) - how it useful for Alchemist?

I was wondering about this, too. Namely: If the drone is "friendly," does Alchemist Protection interfere with its use?

Edit: This very recent thread seems to suggest it does, but I've also found at least one winner alchemist with AAD. (Maybe for exclusive use with Shockwave Bomb? But then why is it only 2/5...? Then again, there's a lot of add-ons on that one.)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:20 pm 

Just checking in with a bump to say I hit 30 as an alchemist and got AAD.

Now, the thread I linked above notes: "On the other side of the spectrum you have Alchemist, for whom 90% of talents don’t work with AAD (and Alch could really have used that damage boost)." This is incorrect. In fact, it may be that 100% of Alchemist talents do not work with AAD.

Shockwave bomb I guess no longer has that note about not being subject to the Alchemist Protection talent, so it does exactly nothing. Normal bombs, nothing. Firestorm specifically doesn't harm friendlies. Item-based spells... well, they damage the AAD slightly, but I see no ripple of arcane damage on anything in the area. In other words, AAD is completely nonfunctional to an alchemist.

Basically I just spent a prodigy point on a million-HP box i can toss into a hallway to block it for three turns. Very disappointing.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:07 pm 
Archmage

Dissolving acid works with it, but dissolving acid is great for the sustain/buff removal so using it on AAD is bad

You can go here for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other important stuff!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark, Zerker, Sblade)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:21 pm 
Wyrmic

Would your Golem's Eye Beams be able to pop an AAD? What about the Drolem's breath?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:29 pm 
Archmage

I would think no since they're not from you but from the golem.
and it wouldn't be worth it anyway, damage is too low

You can go here for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other important stuff!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark, Zerker, Sblade)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:34 pm 

Suppose a unique way to use the golem is as storage. The alchemist has no encumbrance issues but the golem gets stuck in place. A terrible idea if you invest into it but that causes it to wait at the entrance without having to tell it anything. Golem portal can be a very dependable means to teleport to the stairs, and invoke allows moving it to other convenient places. Use it as a road block or keep it safe for life taps.