ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue Jul 25, 2017 8:35 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Character Advice
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 6:48 pm 

Dump.

I have the first 3 talents in the Spell / Explosive admixtures maxed, one point inAcid infusion, and one point in Golem Power.

Generics: I have Channel Staff maxed, 3 points in extract gems (no Dwarven steel yet), 2 points in imbue item (no tier 3 gems yet). I picked up Celestial/Light and passed on Arcane/Divination.

So, I'm farther than I've ever really been in terms of character growth. Where should I head from here? I'm planning on doing the Sandworm Lair before Diakara.

Post subject: Re: Character Advice
PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:04 pm 

If you plan on having your golem tank later on he is going to need some love.

for the near future I would say max acid infusion and golem resilience in class skills.

for generic I would max staff mastery and defensive posture.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 7:07 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

I'd put a few points into Staff Mastery. The damage boost on it applies to Channel Staff as well, so it might be strictly better.

Get combat training from Last Hope. Go to one of the weapon stores there and talk to them. They will give you the tree for 50 gold. Putting one point into Armour training will allow you to wear gauntlets, metal boots, and the like, doubling your available equipment.

I'd upgrade from Agate gems as well. I can't remember the formula, but higher tier gems do more damage on top of their better effects.

As for dungeons, if you've done all 6 tier 1's, then I'd say you're ready for the Old Forest, Maze, or Sandworm lair or Daikara (probably in that order).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:56 pm 

Niknud wrote:
If you plan on having your golem tank later on he is going to need some love.

for the near future I would say max acid infusion and golem resilience in class skills.

for generic I would max staff mastery and defensive posture.

Thanks!

lukep wrote:
I'd put a few points into Staff Mastery. The damage boost on it applies to Channel Staff as well, so it might be strictly better.

Get combat training from Last Hope. Go to one of the weapon stores there and talk to them. They will give you the tree for 50 gold. Putting one point into Armour training will allow you to wear gauntlets, metal boots, and the like, doubling your available equipment.

Staff Mastery from 2 people. I did put my level 10 catagory point into Inscriptions for the shielding rune. Between that and Barrier, I should be pretty set for shields.

lukep wrote:
I'd upgrade from Agate gems as well. I can't remember the formula, but higher tier gems do more damage on top of their better effects.

I was trying to build up gems first. I'll change that out.

lukep wrote:
As for dungeons, if you've done all 6 tier 1's, then I'd say you're ready for the Old Forest, Maze, or Sandworm lair or Daikara (probably in that order).

There are 6 tier 1's!? I cleared Trollmire (complete) and Kor'Pul (complete), did Old Forest up to Lake Nur and cleared the Maze completely (one death to a surprise! purple gladiator in a chest - phase door didn't help me). So, I was planning on doing Sandworm Lair, since I have yet to actually complete it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 4:47 pm 
Sher'Tul

Trollmire and KorPul are the most readily available. From Trollmire move east along the forest edge and soon (10 steps or so) you will see a little path leading inside the forest. There you will find Heart of the Gloom and Norgos Lair.

When moving south from the Maze following a river through the woods you will find Scintillating Caves and Rhaloren Camp.

My own order from easiest to hardest would be Norgos, Trollmire, Gloom, KorPul, Scint, Rhaloren pretty much on all char types.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 3:20 pm 

So, that character had to suicide due to a bug (Die to Urkis, don't go back to kill him, walk into Derth with the Clouds overhead) - restart.

One of the paladins died, so I don't know if I'm going to miss out on Celestial/Light. I'm doing Diakara and my Golem isn't lasting. I'm trying to find more/better equipment but that's not working out. I maxed out Golem Resilience, 2 points in Golem Power. What should I work on, character wise? I have 2 points in Piercing Sight that aren't showing up and 1 category point.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 22, 2014 8:28 pm 
Uruivellas

athros wrote:
So, that character had to suicide due to a bug (Die to Urkis, don't go back to kill him, walk into Derth with the Clouds overhead) - restart.

That sounds a bit drastic. Even if you were locked out of Tempest Peak permanently (and I'm not sure that was the case; did you try talking to Linaniil again?), it's not like the game's unwinnable if you don't kill Urkis.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 4:25 pm 

Mewtarthio wrote:
athros wrote:

That sounds a bit drastic. Even if you were locked out of Tempest Peak permanently (and I'm not sure that was the case; did you try talking to Linaniil again?), it's not like the game's unwinnable if you don't kill Urkis.

Every step or action caused the 'Report a Bug' window to pop up. I suicided on Urkis.