ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Mar 29, 2017 1:22 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 12:13 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul

Joined: Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:50 am
Posts: 1439
you can download earlier version.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:47 am 
Offline
Wayist

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:42 am
Posts: 16
Radon26 wrote:
the you have to attack an enemy who has the "counterstriking" debuff, from a distance of 5 (not sure if more is allowed).

THIS just might be key. I just did it again, blocked a skeletal archer, he had the counterstrike debuff, I fired my sling from 6 steps away => nothing. I'll try exactly 5 next time.

Radon26 wrote:
disengage to gain range, and rush to do the job.

According to the wiki for the unlock, rush won't do, as that puts you below 5 when you strike...


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:02 am 
Offline
Wyrmic

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
As a sun paladin, you got a ranged weapon attack talent you can use easily : Wave of Power. Also I theorized that you can unlock that class with a one handed weapon with the ego mod where you can activate it for a psi projected attack.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:42 am 
Offline
Wayist

Joined: Sun Apr 01, 2012 5:42 am
Posts: 16
Ok, looks like it needs to be exactly 5 steps away. I just unlocked it in the arena with a sling-wielding bulwark at 5 distance. Can someone confirm that?
If that turn's out true, I'd go ahead and ammend the wiki accordingly.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:51 pm 
Offline
Cornac

Joined: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:27 am
Posts: 33
It would make more sense if it were *at least* 5 steps. Maybe you found a bug?

Anyway, I unlocked it with a slinger in the Rhaloren Camp, by equipping a lightning-resistant shield and blocking a lightning bolt. I'm not sure what the range was, but those t1 slings don't have much range,


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 3:27 am 
Offline

Joined: Mon May 10, 2004 1:15 am
Posts: 2
Really not at all sure how I unlocked it. Was farming Ambushers as a L13 Yeek Reaver just a few minutes ago. BAM! Got the unlock window.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 10:50 am 
Offline
Wyrmic

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
I think this is one of those achievements you can get when an enemy does it :p


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:54 pm 
Offline

Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2017 9:59 pm
Posts: 4
I just unlocked this super easily - here's how:

You'll need arena mode unlocked. Start as a temporal warden - race probably doesn't matter that much.

When you buy equipment, buy a shield (and other stuff, probably some healing infusions to make it easier).

Put all you stats into strength, 2 generics into dimensional step, and everything else in whatever (the bow and melee threading and weapon folding are probably easiest)

You'll have to fight through a couple waves (2 or 3?) - basically, you need to get strength to 20 to put the second point in heavy armor so you can use your shield. I think I was level 4.

Once you do that, equip the shield, block until you trigger counterstrike on an enemy, then dimensional step away, and shoot them.

I shot from the starting bows max range and got it. Make sure you choose the shoot power - if you just click with the shield equiped you won't swap and shoot, you'll step.

I used a shalore, because I wasn't sure how long the counterstrike debuff would stick around, and with TW stuff and grace of the eternals I was able to dim step and shoot before the enemy got a turn. If that's not necesary, using a race with higher starting str could make this faster, although it only took like 10 minutes in the first place.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 2:15 am 
Offline
Low Yeek

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:20 pm
Posts: 9
This unlock is a very confusing one. Imo it could be remade.

I, for instance, unlocked it by accident just as someone else already said here; was playing with an Arcane Blade, was ambushed, attacked someone (wasnt a skirmisher, although there was one on the nearby) and, BAM!; "you unlocked the skirmisher class!"... hmm ok, i guess.

I think i unlocked it using the shield talent that hits the enemy 3 times and blocks at the same time. Probably that skirmisher attacked me on the same turn, got blocked and than got hit by the arcane blade spell proc of arcane combat which almost always procs on that talent (it hits 3 times with shield, i think).

If that really happened than thats another way to unlock it (not an "easy" one though).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 7:33 am 
Offline
Wyrmic

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
Laveley wrote:
This unlock is a very confusing one. Imo it could be remade.

I, for instance, unlocked it by accident just as someone else already said here; was playing with an Arcane Blade, was ambushed, attacked someone (wasnt a skirmisher, although there was one on the nearby) and, BAM!; "you unlocked the skirmisher class!"... hmm ok, i guess.

I think i unlocked it using the shield talent that hits the enemy 3 times and blocks at the same time. Probably that skirmisher attacked me on the same turn, got blocked and than got hit by the arcane blade spell proc of arcane combat which almost always procs on that talent (it hits 3 times with shield, i think).

If that really happened than thats another way to unlock it (not an "easy" one though).

I don't think spells "consume" counterattack. What I think happened was the skirmisher enemy actually did the unlock for you. Aka, he blocked your attack, then counter attacked you from range.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 3:48 pm 
Offline
Low Yeek

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:20 pm
Posts: 9
Mordy wrote:
Laveley wrote:
This unlock is a very confusing one. Imo it could be remade.

I, for instance, unlocked it by accident just as someone else already said here; was playing with an Arcane Blade, was ambushed, attacked someone (wasnt a skirmisher, although there was one on the nearby) and, BAM!; "you unlocked the skirmisher class!"... hmm ok, i guess.

I think i unlocked it using the shield talent that hits the enemy 3 times and blocks at the same time. Probably that skirmisher attacked me on the same turn, got blocked and than got hit by the arcane blade spell proc of arcane combat which almost always procs on that talent (it hits 3 times with shield, i think).

If that really happened than thats another way to unlock it (not an "easy" one though).

I don't think spells "consume" counterattack. What I think happened was the skirmisher enemy actually did the unlock for you. Aka, he blocked your attack, then counter attacked you from range.


Yeah, but the thing is; i never attacked that skirmisher directly. I attacked other enemy. The only thing that hit that skirmisher was the spell proc from arcane combat.

I dont know exactly how, but i'm quite sure the spell proc from arcane combat behaves a little differently from any other common spell that you cast. Maybe the spell do count as a consume hit because it was generated from a physical hit proc.

Or maybe is just a bug. Anyhow, its a really difficult situation to test it out, you have to use that shield talent on someone else, the spell proc has to hit the skirmisher that is behind that someone else on the same turn that he attacks you.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:55 pm 
Offline
Wyrmic

Joined: Tue Feb 10, 2015 1:41 pm
Posts: 251
Laveley wrote:
Yeah, but the thing is; i never attacked that skirmisher directly. I attacked other enemy. The only thing that hit that skirmisher was the spell proc from arcane combat.

I dont know exactly how, but i'm quite sure the spell proc from arcane combat behaves a little differently from any other common spell that you cast. Maybe the spell do count as a consume hit because it was generated from a physical hit proc.

Or maybe is just a bug. Anyhow, its a really difficult situation to test it out, you have to use that shield talent on someone else, the spell proc has to hit the skirmisher that is behind that someone else on the same turn that he attacks you.

Block doesn't care for spell or mindpower or attack. All it matters is if the damage element is handled by the shield you are using. As long as the skirmisher was in block stance the moment he got hit by your attack, that the element was handled by block and reduced to 0, then he got a counterattack on you. Then on his own turn he could just attack with his sling and unlock happens.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:17 pm 
Offline
Low Yeek

Joined: Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:20 pm
Posts: 9
Mordy wrote:
Laveley wrote:
Yeah, but the thing is; i never attacked that skirmisher directly. I attacked other enemy. The only thing that hit that skirmisher was the spell proc from arcane combat.

I dont know exactly how, but i'm quite sure the spell proc from arcane combat behaves a little differently from any other common spell that you cast. Maybe the spell do count as a consume hit because it was generated from a physical hit proc.

Or maybe is just a bug. Anyhow, its a really difficult situation to test it out, you have to use that shield talent on someone else, the spell proc has to hit the skirmisher that is behind that someone else on the same turn that he attacks you.

Block doesn't care for spell or mindpower or attack. All it matters is if the damage element is handled by the shield you are using. As long as the skirmisher was in block stance the moment he got hit by your attack, that the element was handled by block and reduced to 0, then he got a counterattack on you. Then on his own turn he could just attack with his sling and unlock happens.



No man, the Skirmisher instantly died on that turn from the spell procs, he couldnt have blocked and counterattacked on the same turn and than died. The only block was on my side with the shield talent that blocks and attack at the same time.

I dont quite understand what happened, as i said, i only have a theory, the best explanation i could figure out was the one i gave. Are you sure spells procs from arcane combat dont consume counterattack?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group