ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Jan 18, 2018 3:36 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:30 pm 
Higher

On purpose I choose infinite resurrect when I created my character but it seems I lost my character anyway because it is in a battle impossible to win and when I die I don't have the option to leave the fight for another place.

No way to overcome this? There's no cheat or file editing? No mod or something? Any way is good, I'm pretty sure this character can't win the battle and the place is totally optional I hadn't to get there. So no good reason to lost this character like breaking a scenario.

EDIT: Well just win the battle "impossible to win" but I'd say that strangely it behaves a lot differently than the 5/6 previous attempts. Well perhaps I took more care with how I used my skills (Shadowblade level 15) or it's pure luck or bug.

It's still a bit weird to put a forced character end here, in a place that seems totally optional. The staff to come back to outdoor doesn't work either and there's a special sound and text to says it doesn't work.

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 10:46 pm 
Wyrmic

Niegy wrote:
It's still a bit weird to put a forced character end here, in a place that seems totally optional. The staff to come back to outdoor doesn't work either and there's a special sound and text to says it doesn't work.

The Rod of Recall doesn't work because you are technically not in a zone that's connected to the world map. You have to use the portal created by the Warden to get back to the Daikara.

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 12:14 am 
Higher

XLambda wrote:
Niegy wrote:

The Rod of Recall doesn't work because you are technically not in a zone that's connected to the world map. You have to use the portal created by the Warden to get back to the Daikara.

Ha ha, ok I don't say there is no logic from the story or lore point of view, and there's a warning at entrance that the exit is unknown, and ok let say it's expected that the staff doesn't work. But that resurrect that doesn't work to bring you back at another place is something else. And the point is it's creating a dead end with the resurrect system. Ok ok it's not the original design but it's still a dead end.

But I'll start backup my saves to avoid such problems and saves corrupted.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 9:01 am 
Archmage

So basically you will live forever, trapped in that spacetime loop you can't get out of, getting beaten to death all the time?

The darkgod must be smiling.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 11:15 am 
Spiderkin

Chronolith twins are pretty easy to beat with a shadowblade actually. Their damage output is pretty low, no damage spikes. Just stun one of them and start dealing damage. Use momentum to deal x2 damage if you like. Displacement shield helps greatly. Their low damage is easily countered by a regen infusion. If you do get in trouble, just flee to the forest on top and rest - they do not regen.

And yeah there's a warning that the portal leads god knows where and i'm perfectly fine that you cannot be resurrected anywhere else.