I already beat the Weirdling Beast with a Shadowblade and at same difficulty (Easier). But if I remember well it was at lower level than this Shadowblade which is level 10 and the Weirdling Beast is level 19.
The skills/attributes/equipments/runes are certainly different but for the class management it was a bit the same. But I don't remember well so perhaps it was more different than I think and anyway I have no clue for the equipments differences.
Three main points that I noticed bother me:
- The first problem is sometimes the beast get large healing during the fight and from log I found no clue of the reason, not even the beast action doing it nor my action. It's certainly a point I haven't decipher so some explication about that would be welcome.
- The second point is stun works very badly against it and my Shadowblade/Rogue characters tend be oriented to use stun and this one is no exception. So I wonder if there would be any trick to solve it.
- The attack doing only Mind damages is what that is doing the larger damages (70+). I don't understand because my mind save is 19 (its MP is 25 from far its lowest power). And its not lower defense than other defenses of my character: D22 P14 S14 M19. I don't see the point here.
The good points I noticed:
- The only clearl good point is its defense is low but that's not enough in general and the large sudden healing break all when I succeed few time.
- Another good point but I'm not sure yet, is that it seems that when I'm frozen in an ice cube I don't get damages. I could hit the cube to break it but I wonder if just wait to let cooldown progress wouldn't be better.
The only solution I can see is that the beast won't level up if my character come later with some more levels. It's a game mechanism I don't know yet. But the first character that succeed did that but I didn't quoted the beast level at first encounter and when I came back later.
I could provide extended stats if a brave soul bother try help up to this detail level. Otherwise some general explanation could help like why the beast get big heal sometimes. And I'm on stairs so can flee and come back to try as much I want, and anyway I use the mode with infinite resurrect, it doesn't help to learn because monsters killed are still killed, but I didn't died often and anyway no way I'll play the Roguelike rules.