ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 5:08 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 3:18 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

gheburrah wrote:
but what about the Archery excellence category? Why is it not cited?

Look At The First Goddamn Post wrote:
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:59 am

Excellence Tree wrote:
http://te4.org/blogs/darkgod/2013/11/news/tales-majeyal-105-aka-mental-anything-released

The date on that URL means November 2013.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 7:40 pm 
Thalore

yes, some of trees were added and cornac is a good race for an archer (cornac is decent for anything anyway, it doesn't deserve 1/5 in any class), especially for antimagic one because you probably want to unlock at least 2 trees (combat techniques and archery excellence), 3 (+ fungus) if you go antimagic (a very strong choice, and you don't even need willpower that high to get fungus working, you can use some +wil gear too), to spend many generic points for antimagic trees and to get a couple of movement infusions too, so that 1 cat point is very neat, fast leveling is always nice either

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 1:42 am 
Low Yeek

Good guide.

Second win with this one.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2014 9:23 pm 
Halfling

Edit: roughly updated for 1.25.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:06 pm 
Yeek

Hi guys,

so I've been playing ToME for a while, I've sunk like 40 hours in the past two weeks into it actually. However I've never finished the game, I always play on Normal Adventure and I've only made it to level 20-ish about 3 times so far. My last character (21 Shalore slinger - I was following this guide) died a few minutes ago to an Elder Vampire Lord in that mausoleum near Last Hope town.

I really enjoyed this character, but I really, really messed up at one point. You see, for some reason I did the Antimagic test and after that I couldn't use my Teleport and shielding runes as well as the racial speed buff of the Shalore :D I'm so stupid. If I had the teleport and the speed buff, I could have easily defeated the Vampire. Once Rapid shot was maxed the game became ridiculous, I was slinging sick amounts of shots everywhere. Scattershot is really useful, when maxed its radius covers pretty much the whole room. I'm gonna go start a new Shalore character, this time, of course, I'm gonna skip the Antimagic quest and this time I'm gonna take the Scatter shot a lot sooner. Also I unlocked Poisons instead of that Combat whatever tree (that one with Blinding speed) with my first cat point. If I had the BS and maxed Precise strikes, again, the Vampire lord would be no match for me. Oh boy. The guide is great though, I had no idea I can wear a dagger with "when wielded" bonuses in my off hand. Thanks for the guide.

*Xandor Edit: Please watch the language*