Today I bring you 3 new addons for ToME to help improve your dungeon exploring experience, each targeting a specific usability issue.Addon #1: Improved Combat Text
This addon replaces ToME's floating combat text:
- Shows the damage type (lightning, etc.) as icons or text!
- Text moves in a consistent direction and should be much easier to read than ToME's default for a variety of reasons.
- Can group damage for an entire player turn, or by every action taken - choose how much information you want to see!
- Various font sizes to choose from
- Various font coloring options (color by major damage type, use the default red / green, etc.)
- Text duration can be changed to fit your play style.
Icon credit for this addon goes to Lorc (same source as many of ToME's hotbar imaages)Addon #2: Easy Map
This addon replaces ToME's map display with one that's more in-line with other games. You can drag the mouse to scroll, use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out, and left-click to set the currently viewed area (instead of accidentally traveling there, which can still be done via right-click menu). It also shows the viewport rectangle on the map, and if your computer is powerful enough, you can even show the actual terrain instead of the confusing color blocks, or make the walls red to easily find paths you have yet to explore. The player and zone exits are also displayed as icons on the map. Additionally, if you travel via the map and stop unexpectedly (i.e., you ran into your golem), a friendly dialog will pop up asking if you'd like to continue to your destination.Addon #3: Turn Separators
Have you ever noticed that the newlines in ToME's battle log don't always correspond to where you took your turn? This addon places "--------" turn separator lines at the exact points you made a move so that you can easily tell what has taken place since your last move, and what text corresponds to the turn before that. Via addon config, you can even replace ToME's newlines with these new separators, should you wish to do so.
Have fun! Also, let me know if you encounter any bugs or would like to suggest improvements!