ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 4:50 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:02 am 
Thalore

jenx wrote:
BUG report: Bullseye says it activates "each time you trigger a mark". However, I've worked out that it only triggers when you use headshot, volley or called shots hits a npc that already has a mark.

If you trigger a mark with steady shot or shoot, bullseye doesn't activate.

so either the description is wrong, or the code is wrong I believe.

Actually that sounds like it's working as intended. By "triggering a mark" it means using a talent that consumes the mark effect (which those three talents do). Shoot and Steady Shot, on the other hand, do not consume the mark effect, and instead have a chance to inflict the marked effect (which again, is what those talents are meant to do).

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:02 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

64legos wrote:
jenx wrote:
BUG report: Bullseye says it activates "each time you trigger a mark". However, I've worked out that it only triggers when you use headshot, volley or called shots hits a npc that already has a mark.

If you trigger a mark with steady shot or shoot, bullseye doesn't activate.

so either the description is wrong, or the code is wrong I believe.

Actually that sounds like it's working as intended. By "triggering a mark" it means using a talent that consumes the mark effect (which those three talents do). Shoot and Steady Shot, on the other hand, do not consume the mark effect, and instead have a chance to inflict the marked effect (which again, is what those talents are meant to do).

So why would anyone think trigger = consume?

If it is working as intended then the description needs changing

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 5:41 pm 
Uruivellas

Yeah I'll clarify that - it is supposed to be on consuming the mark. I also might give Archer Combat Veteran. I really dislike the tree, but it's a dependable passive stamina regen source so...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 11:19 pm 
Sher'Tul

jenx wrote:

As to the why, iirc (and after checking a bit) the talent descriptions are pretty consistent at using "marking/marks/mark (a/the) target(s)" when it means putting the debuff on someone. It's also consistent about when a talent consumes a mark. Reading comprehension being what it is, that makes you think "triggering a mark" is something different, in this case activating when something else consumes a mark. If still confused, it takes about two uses of the talents in question to figure out what the behavior is, heh. The more you know and all that, ehehe.

It... seemed pretty obvious the first time I read the talent, m'self, and glancing over the talents again still makes it look really clear what was intended. Still, if folks are getting confused clarification can't hurt, too much. Might be a bit more subtle as-is than second language folks are used to, or somethin' along those lines.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:04 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Frumple wrote:
jenx wrote:

As to the why, iirc (and after checking a bit) the talent descriptions are pretty consistent at using "marking/marks/mark (a/the) target(s)" when it means putting the debuff on someone. It's also consistent about when a talent consumes a mark. Reading comprehension being what it is, that makes you think "triggering a mark" is something different, in this case activating when something else consumes a mark. If still confused, it takes about two uses of the talents in question to figure out what the behavior is, heh. The more you know and all that, ehehe.

It... seemed pretty obvious the first time I read the talent, m'self, and glancing over the talents again still makes it look really clear what was intended. Still, if folks are getting confused clarification can't hurt, too much. Might be a bit more subtle as-is than second language folks are used to, or somethin' along those lines.

Lol!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 11:07 am 
Perspiring Physicist

All talent descriptions should be written in Sher'Tul IMO.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 12:25 pm 
Spiderkin

HousePet wrote:

That's basically the case already

<mex> your posts lead to people like me being abused and murdered

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2017 1:39 pm 
Sher'Tul

HousePet wrote:
There's an idea. Is there any easy way to batch convert all the text in the game to sher'tul?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:42 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

question: if an ogre marksmen gets the offhand shield up and running, can he/she use the sling + shield tree, to access the shield talents?

that would be cool

to do this, just make the sling plus shield tree check for shield in offhand and shooter in mainhand.

if there is risk of abusing this by running the bow tree as well, just make them incompatible - you run one or the other but not both.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7