It's been a while since I've said much about what is going on.
I decided to open up a bit more about my status (since I've been teasing everyone along about the new version for a while now).
*** "Odyssey of The Summoner"
- As of current, I have a bug/fix list that expands to well over 2 forum pages. The list of actual things I've fixed is maybe about 1 and a half pages itself. There is A LOT I would like to fix (ideally), since it's pretty heart-wrenching to KNOW about 1000 bugs and to never bother fixing them. PARTICULARLY, I have made SEVERAL Prodigies compatible with Avatars (since a good majority of them were inaccessible and/or impossible due to mechanics).
- I have tweaked, improved, nerfed, buffed, modified, overhauled, and (in some cases) completely removed SEVERAL, several talents. For example, my favorite tweak thus far has been to Macabre End, which now leaves enemies "dead-but-standing", and any additional damage you do while they're in this state is what generates the "Overkill" effect. I don't want to go over the entire list though, because things are QUITE liable to change between now and when this comes out. (Pssst: Hydra is getting more types of heads)
- MANY mechanics/systems have been modified and/or improved. For example, I have, quite literally, added a "Wildness" stat to characters now, which is now what represents the potency of various Natural Combat effects, as well as some other things.
- The "Natural Attacks" system is now fully fleshed out, tested, and integrated into gameplay. That is to say, expect to be fighting with your Eyal-given body more than weapons on the floor or your bare knuckles-- Hydra won't be the ONLY class that's capable of doing multiple attacks now!
*** "Voices From Beyond" (the upcoming "Expansion" for "Odyssey of The Summoner")
- As you know, "Ritch" and "Hydra" do not have their "Reflections" quests fleshed out-- And Fire Drake (although having much of it done) does not yet have the bits that "link" to the main plot. Plus, to make matters even worse, now I need to include War Hound's, Minotaur's, and Stone Golem's as well. As you can imagine, this was going to take a bit-- But once this is done, there will FINALLY be a conclusion to the Odyssey of The Summoner storyline.
- Many new talents with many new mechanics-- I have needed to "improve" a few old mechanics to make them even more compatible with the current ones. Believe me when I say: "You haven't seen anything yet." To give some hints, there's a talent that lets you wrap metal objects around your body to improve your armor hardiness... There's also a talent that makes you completely blind, but if you CAN see something (say through Telepathy)... Hm! Oh yeah, and Avatars are going to get their own exclusive Antimagic trees! How about that?
- As you know, Nature is all about equilibrium and balance. While Avatars are getting new Antimagic abilities, they are also going to FINALLY get their "advanced" Blighting talent trees (which you will acquire through a prodigy called "Superior Blighted Form"). This was ORIGINALLY supposed to be in OoTS, but I simply did not have enough time to play or test what "Spellpower" playthroughs were like with Avatars. Of course, now that I have, we can finally start looking into how to TRULY become a mockery of nature, heh heh heh...
*** Miscellaneous stuff
- Not "all" of my production has been in Odyssey of The Summoner alone-- I have been working on various new "Quality of Life" mods as well-- But these are the really "powerful" ones that I've always been too reluctant to release. These ones had the most potential to muck up the game or cause bugs, so they have needed EXTENSIVE testing. It would be rude to release something that I'm not certain is thoroughly safe yet.
- I have also often alluded to "a mod which would add special encounters and new enemies". The main allure of this add-on will be that its content will be available to ANY class and NOT just Avatars, as well as presenting enemies that will use OoTS's enormous quantity of unique talents AGAINST you. Needless to say, this has involved learning a new part of the engine, so I mostly had to start from scratch for this one, heh...
- ... Oh yeah-- And the "Particle Effects" add-on is getting a MAJOR update that's going to add new particles, improve graphics a bit, and even let you choose which particles appear or don't. Again, I needed to test a lot of this for bugginess-- I am suffering NOW so that YOU don't have to later!
So yes, this has all been a rather ENORMOUS undertaking for just one guy-- And again, I want to say: Rest assured-- I AM certainly still here, and I AM definitely still working on this. Don't take my silence as "absence"-- But rather, take it as "diligence". My goal is to deliver something that will "WOW" everyone just as much as OoTS's first release did (-- And maybe even cause people who've never even seen it before to swoon on the spot...)
Cheers, and thanks for listening (... Errrm... If anyone out there still is...)
PS: "Why can't you just release an incomplete, alpha/beta version right now??"
... Do you like eating uncooked eggs? Patience, friend!
PPS: Why do colds suck so much? Ugggghhhnnn...
Creator of the (rather large) "Odyssey of The Summoner" add-on pack