ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Mon Jun 17, 2019 3:29 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:49 pm 
Sher'Tul

Hrm. The class does still have the refund-vim-cost-if-spell-kills thing standard to corruptors going on, right? Or is intended to? Noticed that it looks like Kill, at least, isn't doing that. Would guess it's because it's classified as a psionic talent, if the effect's supposed to be working otherwise?

Though actually, just got mangle on this character so it looks like it's not working with corruption talents, either. I guess the class just doesn't have the refund mechanic most vim users have?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 6:36 pm 
Sher'Tul

Works fine for me. Killing someone with Kill gives me all the vim back plus a little more, as intended.

Anyways, 1.0.4 out, which fixes one whole bug: Stepping on traps will no longer give you an error.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 6:05 pm 
Archmage

Vim generation works fine for me and core vim gen skill is available at level 1 too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:07 pm 
Wyrmic

Slight cosmetic bug: when using Power of the Eternals, the icon that appears in the buff menu is the question mark "filler" one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:07 pm 
Uruivellas

Finally started up a Soulless Anguished, and the first thing that strikes me is WOW, you've polished this super well. The colored Powers are a really nice touch. :)

Just from reading the descriptions, I think Life Shield could really use saying what the total shield will be Right Now. It's gonna suck to have to check your health and ratio manually before using it.
Choke and Cauterise Lips don't specify what damage type they do. I presume physical and fire respectively... Searing Pain is worse. Not only does it not specify a damage type, it misses the word damage.
"Unleash a ball of red, hot pain in radius %d, dealing %0.1f and attempting to apply confusion"
Something's wrong with the Dusk bringer tooltip. It currently says it does 1.0 darkness damage (+20% per turn), and I just did 58 with it after ~3 turns.

I'm also amused that we both made a dark psionic talent with a one word name that resets on kill. xD

...currently possible exploit. If playing on a difficulty with eidolons, you can charge up dusk bringer while dead, then come back and activate it instantly.

It feels off to me that they have a pure vim attack tree, but no pure psi attack tree.

Their damage types are also v variable. Darkness, mind, blight and fire, plus physical(?) on choke. On the difficulty I play this hardly matters, but they might be hard to gear later. You did add some artifacts for them, that might help counteract that.

As spellcasters, they have no core way to get Psiblades (well, they can in embers?), which dissuades me from going mindstars. Had you considered this? Ofc, giving them mindstar mastery would be weird without also giving spell combat, which is a mana tree... I think the Nullpack has a vim based staff tree, but it's quite. Specific.

Finally, it's fun, Dusk Bringer is my favourite; it feels really unique to use, which is more than I ask for from addons. (Might be worth clarifying the damage scales with the level of the talent giving it? Tho if not for the tooltip bug that'd be obvious, so nvm)

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 2:17 am 
Sher'Tul

Quote:
Finally started up a Soulless Anguished, and the first thing that strikes me is WOW, you've polished this super well. The colored Powers are a really nice touch. :)

Yeah, I took tips from Razakai's classes. Tried to make it at least semi-cohesive.

Quote:
Just from reading the descriptions, I think Life Shield could really use saying what the total shield will be Right Now. It's gonna suck to have to check your health and ratio manually before using it. Choke and Cauterise Lips don't specify what damage type they do. I presume physical and fire respectively... Searing Pain is worse. Not only does it not specify a damage type, it misses the word damage.

Will do.

Quote:
Something's wrong with the Dusk bringer tooltip. It currently says it does 1.0 darkness damage (+20% per turn), and I just did 58 with it after ~3 turns.

Probably flubbed it up in the previous update to Dusk Bringer. Will fix.

Quote:
I'm also amused that we both made a dark psionic talent with a one word name that resets on kill. xD

Well, I thought I was copying KoToR II... Life Beam was also originally named "Death Field", and was an AoE life steal thingie.

Quote:
...currently possible exploit. If playing on a difficulty with eidolons, you can charge up dusk bringer while dead, then come back and activate it instantly.

Eh. Whatever. If you died, you need all the help you can get, usually. :P

Quote:
As spellcasters, they have no core way to get Psiblades (well, they can in embers?), which dissuades me from going mindstars. Had you considered this? Ofc, giving them mindstar mastery would be weird without also giving spell combat, which is a mana tree... I think the Nullpack has a vim based staff tree, but it's quite. Specific.

...Which is exactly why they have more/better spellpower scalings. The inability to use psiblades makes mindstars almost pointless. And I didn't realize that till halfway thru planning and went with the "awww screw it" method of not caring. Staves are generally better than mindstars for their dam types anyways.

Quote:
Finally, it's fun, Dusk Bringer is my favourite; it feels really unique to use, which is more than I ask for from addons. (Might be worth clarifying the damage scales with the level of the talent giving it? Tho if not for the tooltip bug that'd be obvious, so nvm)

Glad you like it! Despite the bugs. Probably my favorite piece of feedback I've received so far is that people are enjoying it.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:12 pm 
Uruivellas

Oh hey. Just met an anguished rare who spat a lua error every turn until I mana clashed him to death. psionic/consumption lua 157 (the part of talent 'Siphon' where it projects) is leading to an error in damage-types lua 110, in Darkness Drain. From glancing at it, it's doing 'talDam' damage and you haven't defined talDam anywhere.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:39 pm 
Sher'Tul

Oops. Gonna steal Zizzo's line here and... I apologize for the inconvenience™

EDIT: and 1.0.6 will be coming out shortly with a typo fix.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:44 pm 
Higher

It's a pretty nice mindpower/spellpower hybrid. I noticed it's been quite a while, but is there any chance of an update?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 8:56 pm 
Sher'Tul

ask me again in 3 months

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 1:31 pm 
Low Yeek

Hey man been around 3 months, really like the mod, any chance of an update soon?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:04 pm 
Sher'Tul

wow i didnt think anyone would take me up on it

I had some work going on, but I sorta lost interest in it when finals came up and then shibari threw some [redacted] at me.

I might get back to it eventually, if you'd like I can compile the design doc of what I was going to release when I got around to it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:58 pm 
Low Yeek

well I mean it would be interesting to see what you got planned, do hope you get to finish it though

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:15 pm 
Sher'Tul

shade7480 wrote:
well I mean it would be interesting to see what you got planned, do hope you get to finish it though

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pdR ... sp=sharing

Here's a more rough draftish of some of the newer talents and reworks in there.
Subject to change, as always.