ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:00 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Weapons Pack
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:00 am 
Uruivellas

http://te4.org/games/addons/tome/grayswandir-weaponry

This adds new weapon types and egos to the game.

- Tridents are unchanged, but generate more often.
- Whips can now generate normally, and their accuracy bonus now slows the target.
- Swordbreakers are weak knives that have a chance to disarm on hit, and give bonuses to dual weapon defense.
- Rapiers are 1h weapons that use dagger mastery and rely on strength, dexterity, and cunning.
- Bucklers are light shields that can greatly increase your defense and give you faster attacks against those who miss you in melee.
- Spears/Greatspears are slow weapons that can attack from a distance.
- Clubs/Greatclubs are maces that can pick up mindstar egos.
- Throwing knives can be used in melee or as a short ranged attack with the shoot talent.
- Daggers will now use the higher of strength or cunning if you don't have Lethality.
- Mindslayers can now equip ranged weapons in their psionic focus slot.
- Aurastones are magic-based items that can be equipped to modify your unarmed attacks.
- For archery, you can switch between old style reloading, instant style reloading, or completely ignore ammo altogether.
- Magic Weapon Mastery applies to staves, aurastones, and sceptres, and can be learned in Angolwen.

Incompatible Addons: Archery Tweaks, No Reload.
This should let you do everything those addons do.

Also, new weapon and ego suggestions are welcome. :)

Last edited by grayswandir on Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:50 am, edited 6 times in total.

Post subject: Re: Weapons Pack
PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:00 am 
Uruivellas

Swordbreakers are a good idea but seem a little too niche. Many mobs either aren't affected by disarm or are immune to it, so personally speaking I wouldn't use them. How about going further down the parrying dagger niche?
- Improves Defence
- Chance to 'parry' (negate X incoming damage from an attack)
- Chance to counterattack on a melee hit
- Reduce global damage instead of disarm
Maybe make it only work in offhand if the effect is too strong to stack twice. One or more of those, on top of the disarm proc, would make me actively seek out a parrying dagger.
Trident changes seem fine, although Exotic Weapon Mastery is a pain. I'd probably stack this addon with Nulltweaks for the weapon mastery change and it'd be good.
Whips are good, depending on the % slow. Slow is a really powerful debuff so it could be unbalanced, would need more testing though.
Rapiers are a nice concept. Maybe give them a small attack speed bonus and reduce the damage? Would be an interesting niche, or you could use that for another weapon type.

As for other weapons, how about spears/polearms? Those are a pretty common suggestion, though giving them a unique effect would be hard. I'd probably split them into Dex/Str scaling 1h spears, and 2h Str scaling polearms.
- Increase the range of melee attacks by 1, but reduce damage dealt to adjacent targets?
- Attacks pierce and hit targets behind?
- On-use (short) ranged attack?
- Combination of 1 or 3 with knockback?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Bucklers? :P

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:04 pm 
Uruivellas

Alright, I added some defense to the swordbreakers, as well as a new ego.

I also made spears. They have a slow attack speed but give you the 'thrust' talent which is basically a beam attack that hits with all your thrusting weapons that the target is within range of.

HousePet wrote:

I'll add bucklers as soon as I figure out a mechanic for them that I like.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:09 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Could you make an option for each weapon type? I'm not sure if I want all of those, but I do want some of them.

grayswandir wrote:
HousePet wrote:

I'll add bucklers as soon as I figure out a mechanic for them that I like.
- Use the per-tier Str requirements for Leather armor
- Full Defense bonus, no Armor bonus, 60% of the Block value of the corresponding Shield
- Some special egos with a slant to offense (which I can do as part of my ongoing ego fix add-on)

EDIT: Also it'd be cool if they got full benefit from Dual Training but not Dual Techniques.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:44 pm 
Uruivellas

Added options for each weapon type.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 8:34 am 
Uruivellas

Yeah bucklers should just be a lighter/offensive version of shields. Less block value/armor, higher defence. Perhaps give them a buff to counterattack? That'd mean you'd take more damage compared to a regular shield, but your counterattack/riposte would hit harder.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 1:33 pm 
Uruivellas

Everything went boom. :(

Code:
tack traceback:
   [C]: in function 'error'
   /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:152: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:134>
Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:174: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:152: /hooks/grayswandir-weaponry/load.lua:31: attempt to index global 'target' (a nil value)
stack traceback:
   /hooks/grayswandir-weaponry/load.lua:31: in function </hooks/grayswandir-weaponry/load.lua:16>
   [string "return function(l, self, data) local ok=false..."]:1: in function <[string "return function(l, self, data) local ok=false..."]:1>
   /mod/class/interface/Combat.lua:927: in function 'attackTargetWith'
   /mod/class/interface/Combat.lua:161: in function 'attackTarget'
   /data-Infinite500/talents/misc/miscI500.lua:79: in function </data-Infinite500/talents/misc/miscI500.lua:59>
   [C]: in function 'xpcall'
   /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:147: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:134>
   At [C]:-1
   At [C]:-1 error
   At /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:174 bumpInto
   At /mod/class/Actor.lua:2928 attack
   At /engine/interface/ActorLife.lua:41 check
   At [string "return function(self, x, y, what, ...) local ..."]:1 checkAllEntities
   At /engine/Actor.lua:184 move
   At /mod/class/Actor.lua:1032 move
   At /engine/ai//simple.lua:139 doAI
   At /mod/class/NPC.lua:61 act
   At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:126 tickLevel
   At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:62 tick
   At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:46 tick
   At /mod/class/Game.lua:1141

Edit: Unrelated, but thought it worth mentioning.

Your egos that apply Damage Shields on crit will currently overwrite any other damage shields, no matter their value, or if they have a reflection value.

<mex> cornac shall inherit the Eyal

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:33 pm 
Uruivellas

Alright, I (should have) fixed both those issues. The shield will now only overwrite if it's stronger.
I also added some new egos and a new artifact.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 4:55 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Using dual-whips and high Accuracy, I'm able to reduce an opponent to 0 energy forever.

That seems unintended.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:05 pm 
Uruivellas

Alright - fixed.

The limit code was working fine, I just forgot to turn the percentage turn loss into an actual percentage. :oops:
So instead of losing 0.5% of a turn per accuracy, capped at 100% per actual turn they took, they were losing 50% of a turn per accuracy, capped at 100 turns per turn they took.

Edit: Also! More egos and a new artifact rapier.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:28 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

What's the intended role of Rapier?

So far as I can see it's just a dagger with dagger proficiency and dagger accuracy bonus. What am I missing?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2014 6:33 pm 
Uruivellas

I actually changed them to use the sword accuracy bonus in the latest version (because that made more sense).

Right now they're just a bit stronger than daggers, but you can't offhand them. In general I'll be trying to add new egos to all the different weapon types to help distinguish them from each other (including the basic sword/axe/maces if I can think of any).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2014 5:03 am 
Uruivellas

More egos, and a quick new weapontype: Clubs, which are maces that can pick up mindstar egos.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 4:02 am 
Uruivellas

A few more egos, a new artifact, and shops and the lost merchant should properly carry the new weapon types.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 8  Next