ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 5:37 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 1:44 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

We've all been there, looking at the prodigies dialog and thinking, "well, how much fire damage have I taken, then?" or something along those lines. To that end, I've whipped up a new addon, Prodigious Progress, that expands the requirement descriptions of certain prodigies to include the amount of progress you've made so far.

[Now, if you're an addon writer and you're adding prodigies, you can hook into this too. Alongside your require.special.desc string description, just add a require.special.desc_f() function that returns a suitable TString. The function will need to apply its own green/red coloring as appropriate; if your prodigy has multiple requirements, you're encouraged to colorize them separately (this addon's ToME:load callback has several examples you can work from).]

And this could fairly easily go into a future release of ZOmnibus, unless people think it would be cheating.

[And now if you'll excuse me, I need to go find some relatively safe way of taking about 5000 more points of fire damage… :wink: ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:01 am 
Uruivellas

I'm quite hopeful this'll end up upstream.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 5:18 pm 
Higher

Quote:
And this could fairly easily go into a future release of ZOmnibus, unless people think it would be cheating.

Definitely not cheating.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 8:28 pm 

No cheating at all, just monitoring progress. If this is cheating, so is showing you how long your cooldown is and how much health you have left.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 2:51 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Pushing out v1a, fixing the displayed count of total talent levels for Never Stop Running and Windtouched Speed (the former was too high, the latter too low).

PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2018 7:48 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

v1a.1 fixes a bug reported on the Steam page: Corrupted Shell's description wasn't properly highlighting whether you'd done the Fall of Zigur quest. Never done that quest, so I probably wouldn't have noticed it; We Apologize for the Inconvenience.™

PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2018 1:48 pm 
Archmage

It also stays green even if you killed GC, which invalidates being able to take the prodigy

You can go here for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other important stuff!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark, Zerker, Sblade)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:33 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Cathbald wrote:
It also stays green even if you killed GC, which invalidates being able to take the prodigy

With the latest version? @#$%. I swear I'm using an exact copy of the code from the prodigy definition… Does the quest description have the "In the aftermath you turned against the Grand Corruptor and dispatched him." text corresponding to that case?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2018 5:27 am 
Archmage

Would need to test again, i might have actually done that while offline so addon hadn't updated

You can go here for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other important stuff!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark, Zerker, Sblade)