ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue May 22, 2018 7:51 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:39 am 
Higher

I was running Eternal Darkness and Necromancy+ with the vanilla tweaks disabled when I tried this. Disabling ED and leaving N+ active fixed it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 11:22 am 
Uruivellas

Yeah, the issue is Eternal Darkness uses a lot of lazy superloads and the like rather than hooks, so it plays poorly with other addons.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2015 5:08 pm 
Wyrmic

Can you make a change to soulforge so what when it has been activated and the buff is prevent it cannot be used again, and when the buff is consumed it can be used once more. This is to prevent stack overflows where the AI with the talent will use it an infinite number of times in a turn without acting. it occasionaly happens with randboss deathknights, and if you are using the player AI addon it will lock up whenever it runs out of other abilities to use.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 11:18 pm 
Uruivellas

It would be nice if the trees that interact with Necrotic Aura would grant Necrotic Aura, so adventurers could actually take them without also needing to grab some necro trees.

(Also, is Squire meant to be unlocked? I think I remember you saying it was unlocked for testing, but can't see you saying that anywhere)

Edit: The heal sound effect on every bump after getting Vampiric Embrace might get tiresome. Quickly.

Soul fragments from Soul Reap can create Wraiths. Sometimes as well as the actual target. Is that intended?

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 8:31 am 
Uruivellas

Don't see any issue with that. Can make Dread, Reaping and Soulforge all force learning Necrotic Aura.

Nope, locked. It was unlocked during my testing and was planned to be an unlocked tree, but Deathknight needed a non weapon specific locked tree so it fit in there.

Ha yes, Starkeep also mentioned that. Will be removed next patch, which is likely tonight.

Fragments can trigger anything that has an on-kill effect. Grim Harvest, Shackle Soul, Reaper's Shroud etc.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 4:27 am 
Uruivellas

I'm not 100% certain, but I think Necromancy+ might prevent Dread from increasing necrotic aura range. Certainly the tooltip only lists it as seven (with aura mastery 5), and it doesn't /look/ severely bigger.

Necromancy tweaks are on, of course, and in case it matters this character is an adventurer.
(While I'm on the subject, thank you so much for having at least one tree (Dread) that can be thrown onto an adventurer. Wraiths and Wisps everywhere. Reaping is also great, albeit maybe broken when I have no reason or way to use souls apart from its capstone.)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 9:24 am 
Uruivellas

Dread's code relies on superloading Necrotic Minions, so yeah I think any other Necromancer-style addon will probably conflict. As Necrotic Aura resides there, very difficult to make it work with 2 addons trying to modify it.

And I will update this addon soon! Been working overtime for a massive multimillion contract, and sadly the stakeholders seem to think that roguelike addons are less of a priority.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:46 pm 
Uruivellas

I wonder how hard it'd be to make a compatability addon...

Edit: Hard. I'll just be patient.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 9:11 pm 
Higher

I got Necromancy+ (with disabled changes in gameplay options) and Dread does increase radius (at least the 1st talent, didn't check others)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:39 pm 
Uruivellas

Yeah, I was trying to do it with changes enabled. Stack ALL the boosts. ;P

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2015 8:55 pm 
Uruivellas

http://te4.org/node/5633

v1.2
- Improved code compatibility with other addons.
- Call of the Grave's ghouls no longer drop items.
- Rime and Icebound Fortitude have been reworked. Rime now has an improved version of the counterattack, and no longer has the damage on block usage. Icebound Fortitude only has the damage reduction.
- The values of Frost abilities have been adjusted slightly.
- Removed the sound effect on Vampiric Embrace.
- The damage bonus of Night's Edge has been reduced, but it now provides lifesteal.
- Lightbane's shadow lightning jumps to 2 targets at all levels.
- Fixed a bug where Soulforge could be used infinitely by npcs, resulting in crashes.
- Reduced the duration of Shadow of Death.
- Dread, Reaping and Soulforge teach the Necrotic Aura talent, making them easier to use for Adventurers.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:08 pm 
Uruivellas

Ok so I think I've broken Rime to give an absurdly huge block value bonus (or just a typo in the description). Will be fixing that tonight, until then try not to exploit it too much.

And here it is:

http://te4.org/node/5648

v1.3
- Fixed Rime giving incorrect block values at talent level 1.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:42 pm 
Uruivellas

Deathknight is one of the very best class I have seen. Very original and interesting.

Here are a set of problems that I have noticed.

1/ When a mob gets the living shadow effect, inspecting it creates a lua error. /mod/dialog/CharacterSheet.lua line 642

2/ There are problems with undying. I noticed it with rand bosses.
a) the duration can be extremely long (up to 12 turns). Probably, in the callback, the undying effect should be set after the duration increase of beneficial effects (or make undying of class 'other').
b) while undying, they are invulnerable and take 0 damage. I looked at the code and did not understand why, but I have noticed it several times. And when the effect stops, they can get an insane increase of life (I noticed an increase from 5 life to up to 200%).
Of course the combination of a) and b) makes these mobs insanely OP and extremely lethal...

3) The summons should apply for the blighted summoning.

Anyway, many thanks for this great class.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:54 pm 
Uruivellas

Thanks for the feedback. I'll take a look at that LUA error, should be an easy fix.

Do you mean Shadow of Death (the turn into a wraith talent)? The being unkillable part is intended, but for mobs provided they don't somehow regen souls during the effect they should just drop dead afterwards, as it consumes all souls on trigger and only heals/resurrects if they get more. I expected it to be a pain on npcs but counterable by just teleporting away and having them drop dead after it ends. If that's not happening something is very wrong and I'll make sure it works like I expected on npcs. Worst case I'll just make it no_npc.

The summons actually do! But the tooltip doesn't reflect that, so next patch I'll specify exactly what they do/get. Off the top of my head Ghouls get Life Tap (which is kinda lame so I'll give em something else), Wraiths get Virulent Disease, Necrotic Wall gets Epidemic and Squires currently don't get anything, they'll likely get Bone Shield next patch.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:18 pm 
Uruivellas

I encountered another deathknight randboss.
Actually the only effect that appears in the tooltip is undying, but its shape changes to some kind of shadow.
I tried to escaped (and I had telepathy to monitor it). After the effect stops, he gets almost 100% life...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 112 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next