ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Mar 26, 2017 5:18 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:49 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Yeah, I didn't bother with the colours.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:24 pm 
Archmage

seems for some reason elementalist's elemental shield is reducing damage to blight (and causing the missile to stay) and making this error:
[LOG] Rhaloren Inquisitor's Soul Rot hits #fbd578#Durosin the Stormcaller#LAST# for #DARK_GREEN#(2 resist armour)#LAST# damage.
Lua Error: /data-arcanum/timed_effects.lua:109: attempt to call method 'incLife' (a nil value)
At [C]:-1 incLife
At /data-arcanum/timed_effects.lua:109 callEffect
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:5012 cb
At /data-Infinite500/damage_typesI500.lua:460 defaultProjector
At /data/damage_types.lua:793 projector
At /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:420 projectDoAct
At /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:508 projectDoStop
At /engine/Projectile.lua:230 act
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:129 tickLevel
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:64 tick
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1271
---------------- Stack Dump ----------------

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:40 am 
Higher

Trying to get an enchanter to survive is a bit annoying. Has anyone figured out a good build?

The talent Animate Weapon should probably reset the flag to auto pickup once it drops. I have lost a few weapons to this.

The accuracy bonus from enchant weapon seems a bit low; accuracy from Combat Accuracy talent is listed as 10-50.

Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep an enchanter going for long enough to really test a lot of things.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2016 4:30 am 
Archmage

Best races of the default races might be the orge race and as for disappearing weapon it might help to use the addon that makes all areas act like vualts (has in no disappearing weapons). As for animate weapon itself might be good idea for it to interact with the weapon like the afflicted classes animate weapon skill in the generics.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 6:17 am 
Higher

Enchanter does not do so well. I will be the first to recognize I may not play it optimally, but I haven't found a way to do that. Not sure if I will get to or through daikara. Truthfully I think finding the Rune of Reflection early is what has kept this one alive so long on adventure mode.

The biggest problem seems to be lack of strength, with such low carrying capacity it is hard to tote around any spare items for switching out.

This leads to the use of *4* primary stats to try to keep alive. Magic for talents. Strength to carry stuff around. Willpower for extra mana so you can battle a bit longer before needing a recharge. Constitution so you have some health to stay alive.

Accuracy being pretty low means it takes (staff tier 3) 4-8 attacks to kill normal same level critters (14-18).
Hard to tell when shield guardian drops your shield. The sustain shows but no indicator if the shield is active or not short of checking inventory.
Unless you take the rune skill in hedge magic your range is very limited and you don't have any charge type skill.
If you fight 1v1 you are usually ok, but if you can't stick to tunnel type areas and get into the open, you don't survive.
It appears that the mastery skills don't stack so either enchanted weapons or staff mastery, but not clear on which would override which if you get both for the extra attack talents.
The armor talents only seem to be effective on heavy and massive armor, so there is no option for something with light armor which would go well with the poor overall basic strength of a character. (Originally intended to check out the possibility of using the black robe and gem talents for 3 spell activating items to see if it worked)

Not sure what else I can add right now.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2016 8:57 am 
Perspiring Physicist

The game always uses the highest mastery talent if more than one exist.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 4:48 pm 
Higher

For Enchanter, have you tried staying out of melee, ignoring accuracy, and using Lesser Runes, Force Punch, Glowing Orb, Flying Weapon, Staff Channel, and Staff Blast?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 28, 2016 8:26 pm 
Higher

marshmallowpeep wrote:
For Enchanter, have you tried staying out of melee, ignoring accuracy, and using Lesser Runes, Force Punch, Glowing Orb, Flying Weapon, Staff Channel, and Staff Blast?

Haven't tried that yet, but with a total of 3 winners in the vault wasn't too sure which way to go. I went with melee due to the physical bonuses on the enchanting skills. I had tried melee with magic backup, which worked ok, but still seemed lacking.

I will try staff/magic next, not sure if I should use much of the enchant weapons and armor talents then though.

I like the idea of this class, just trying to figure out how it would work the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 3:32 am 
Higher

Got about the same way through with going the magic route. Hoping I am not missing something very obvious. Just can't seem to figure out what if anything would benefit a change.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2016 4:31 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Its probably just one of my typically under powered classes.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:52 am 
Higher

Got a weird error today while playing a necromancer. I walked into the old forest (after I had left it), and got this error every step I took

Lua Error: /data-arcanum/talents/spells/high.lua:52: attempt to index global 'DamageType' (a nil value)
At [C]:-1 __index
At /data-arcanum/talents/spells/high.lua:52 damtype
At /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:419 projectDoAct
At /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:508 projectDoStop
At /engine/Projectile.lua:230 act
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:129 tickLevel
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:64 tick
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1271

It would come up multiple times after each step. Not even sure what caused it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:34 am 
Perspiring Physicist

I strongly suspect it is an Error.
Looks like its one of those works fine as long as nobody changes areas or loads the game before the projectile hits things kind.
Its rare, you should get an achievement.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:16 pm 
Higher

What can I say, I'm just error prone :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:23 pm 
Cornac

i still think it would make sense for the player to have the option to return that missing staff to Tarelion you should get an academy token. It's his staff after all. It'd add content to Angolwen. There isn't really enough to do related to the town. It could use more side quests.

What is that darned rock in the big room to the south east? perhaps there is a quest there? maybe Hastor(?) invades.

On that note how about a defense against a zigur raiding party, or the followers of that water dragon or the slashul's nagas, a dreadmore undead party or an orc party. if that is too perilous for the inhabitants these things could take place in an isolated map said to be in tunnels leading into angolwen or the archmages could erect a barrier to keep the invasion from killing the inhabitants, important NPCs and shopkeepers. or The Archmages could discover the plans and send the player to intercept them somewhere else before they can harm anyone in the town.

why is there not an alchemist NPC in a magic town? Maybe there is a quest to get one to set up shop (a functional shop) there.

perhaps someone tasks the PC to recover magical knowledge lost since the spell blaze or perhaps even before. maybe something Sher'Tul related.

Maybe someone outside has discovered information about Angolwen and the mages need someone to throw an bauble that makes them forget what they have learned because the person is important or the mages just don't want them to die because they are not actively plotting against Angolwen. or maybe they do want them dead. perhaps the quest is to retrieve something that makes them forget about Angolwen so they don't have to be killed. On the other hand the order to kill may be given but a dissenting mage reveals the possibility of the amnesia inducing thing.

Also since these mages have excavating spells is there really a reason that the city is so small? maybe they mine for something. Magic crystals? or could there be a passage or portal to the crystal caves? maybe it's just gold...

someone needs to flesh out Angolwen a little...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2017 12:18 pm 

Just had a character having frequent LUA errors, which I had barely ever seen before this char. It was using both race and class addons which I had never used before: Draconian Elementist. At the time the errors started appearing I was blaming Draconian, but afterwards I realised the spell that seemed to be triggering the errors was added by Arcanum Pack so I thought I'd post here.

http://te4.org/characters/215092/tome/9 ... 50edaad202

I reported a few (before they got repetitive) but wasn't certain of the cause - they seemed to be occurring in turns I cast Liquid Lightning on large groups and took damage back, although also seemed frequent when taking cold damage in Shivgoroth form.

It got to the point of unplayability in the dark crypt when I cast LL at a crowd surrounding me at the stairs, a dozen lua errors popped up, and all of a sudden I had negative spellshock duration. From there no durations or cooldowns changed, except that several other durations (the two saturation counters) also went negative, and I got more Lua errors pop up whenever I or a monster did anything. DarkGod happened to be on chat and cleared the spellshock - everything else fixed itself within a few turns.

The very next time I used LL on a large crowd and took damage in return (at the start of the next crypt level), I got what appeared to be hundreds of Lua error popups and all cooldowns (including spellshock once again, but also buffs such as shields) went haywire. From that point on I was immune to damage, got dozens of popups each turn, but again no time seemed to pass and I kept racking up more permanent debuffs until I was immobilised by encumbrance due to disease.

I'm not sure where to get a copy of the errors to copy here sorry.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 682 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 42, 43, 44, 45, 46  Next