ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 9:16 am

All times are UTC




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
sajberhippien wrote:
Zizzo, there might be an issue with your latest version. It might be a compability issue with another mod, but in that case it's a new issue to the 15e. Starting a completely fresh Ghoul Alchemist got me an overflow error. Reverting to the 15d version I had no issues with otherwise identical mods.

It's entirely possible; that Talent Point Planner mod was clearly NRFPT… :oops: Can you post a stack trace?

[Edit: Oh, just to be sure: since you specifically mentioned v15e, was the bug still present in v15e.1? There was a spectacularly stupid bug in v15e that I found almost immediately after releasing v15e, and I had to push out v15e.1 to fix it; that might have been what you were tripping over (I hope…)]

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:17 am 
Offline
Halfling

Joined: Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:10 am
Posts: 114
I'm fairly certain it was e1, though I can test again later today and post the error log (I'm in a bit of a rush now).

On another note, would it be okay to make a request for a quality of life change? Specifically, Wards are kind of a nuisance to use now, because they can't be set to auto-use. Would it be possible to separate them into two skills; choose ward and activate ward? That way you can choose a ward that you want to use, and have it on auto-use or at least easily accessible.

(And personally, I don't think they should necessarily be time limited either, but that's got a lot more balance implications and I guess is outside the scope of this mod).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2018 2:51 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
sajberhippien wrote:
On another note, would it be okay to make a request for a quality of life change? Specifically, Wards are kind of a nuisance to use now, because they can't be set to auto-use. Would it be possible to separate them into two skills; choose ward and activate ward? That way you can choose a ward that you want to use, and have it on auto-use or at least easily accessible.

(shrug) No idea; I don't generally bother with wards myself, so I don't have much experience with them. I'll poke around in the code and see if it looks too difficult. If I do put something together, of course, it'll almost certainly end up being a separate addon.

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:25 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
And v15e.2, with yet more bugfixes and tweaks to Talent Point Planner.

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 2:29 am 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 67
Location: A Holding Pattern on the Eidolon Plane
Got a weirdass bug that forced me to kill ToME via task manager in the final dungeon of Embers. Because of course it doesn't happen in the first dungeon.

Code:
[LOG]   #{bold}#Marrakor the Demolisher's Strafe performs a ranged critical strike against Shadow!#{normal}#
[LOG]   Shadow shrugs off the critical damage!
[LOG]   Marrakor the Demolisher's Strafe hits Shadow for #aaaaaa#354 physical#LAST# damage.
[LOG]   #{bold}#Marrakor the Demolisher's Strafe killed Shadow!#{normal}#
[LOG]   #UID:5118:0##fbd578#Marrakor the Demolisher#LAST# receives #LIGHT_GREEN#35 healing#LAST#.
[LOG]   Umbral horror's creeping dark hits #fbd578#Marrakor the Demolisher#LAST# for #GREY#(39 resist armour)#LAST#, #SLATE#(1 absorbed)#LAST#, #GREY#0 darkness#LAST# (0 total damage).
[LOG]   
[LOG]   #UID:5118:0##fbd578#Marrakor the Demolisher#LAST# receives #LIGHT_GREEN#35 healing#LAST#.
AI took for target   473606   titan battlesmasher   ::   5118   Marrakor the Demolisher   81   <   100
[LOG]   
[LOG]   #LIGHT_BLUE#Marrakor the Demolisher's embedded restoration system activate.
[STEAM CRIT %]   49.1
[LOG]   #{bold}#Marrakor the Demolisher's tinker attains critical power!#{normal}#
Cloned shader 123
[SHADER] setting reset param   tick_start   7886634
Cloned shader 124
[SHADER] setting reset param   tick_start   7886634
[LOG]   #UID:5118:0##fbd578#Marrakor the Demolisher#LAST# receives #LIGHT_GREEN#780 healing#LAST#.
[LOG]   The shield around Marrakor the Demolisher crumbles.
[LOG]   Marrakor the Demolisher is no longer inspired.
[LOG]   #UID:5118:0##fbd578#Marrakor the Demolisher#LAST# receives #LIGHT_GREEN#35 healing#LAST#.
Lua Error: /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1147: bad argument #2 to 'long_desc' (number expected, got nil)
   At [C]:-1
   At [C]:-1 long_desc
   At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1147 handleEffect
   At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1352 super_displayBuffs
   At ...addons/zomnibus/superload/mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:141 displayBuffs
   At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1993 display
   At /mod/class/Game.lua:1732
Deleting shader 128 (is clone 1)
Deleting temp shader   awesomeaura[alpha=0.6,flame_scale=0.6,time_factor=5500]
[LOG]   Saw horror uses Kinetic Leech.
checkHit   45   vs   50   => chance to hit   38
[LOG]   Marrakor the Demolisher slows down.
checkHit   48   vs   50   => chance to hit   45
[LOG]   #ORANGE#Titan battlesmasher shrugs off the effect 'Slow'!
Lua Error: /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1147: bad argument #2 to 'long_desc' (number expected, got nil)
   At [C]:-1
   At [C]:-1 long_desc
   At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1147 handleEffect
   At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1352 super_displayBuffs
   At ...addons/zomnibus/superload/mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:141 displayBuffs
   At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1993 display
   At /mod/class/Game.lua:1732
[LOG]   
[ed. note: lua error repeats indefinitely after this with no changes]


Grabbed a somewhat larger chunk of log than normal, because this was an extremely abrupt error and I'm hoping it'll narrow down what caused it. It's entirely possible, unfortunately, that whatever it is isn't in the log specifically *because* of whatever caused the error.

I'd just gone around a corner and got this error, with the screen blinking to black every second or so. I had a similar problem in Minimalist.lua several versions ago from Dominate, but I believe that was before installing ZOmnibus.

It's entirely possible that this is a mod conflict, as I run a number of them. However, I believe all the enemies in my vicinity were standard EoR spawns, no Rares or anything of the sort.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:02 pm 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 692
If I remember right, that bug is associated with you getting hit by a poorly coded status effect that has its Description done wrong.
(...it's a bug I inflict on myself a lot while testing.)

My first assumption would be that you went around a corner and a rare (that you hadnt seen cause they were just around the corner) slapped you with a misdone status.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:36 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
astralInferno wrote:
If I remember right, that bug is associated with you getting hit by a poorly coded status effect that has its Description done wrong.
(...it's a bug I inflict on myself a lot while testing.)

My first assumption would be that you went around a corner and a rare (that you hadnt seen cause they were just around the corner) slapped you with a misdone status.

[sound F/X: source diving] Yeah, that tracks with what I'm seeing in the code. ZOmnibus' superloaded Minimalist:displayBuffs() passes straight through to the parent method at that point (and it's passing through all the parameters it's receiving, which is a bug I've tripped over before), so I don't think that could be the cause of it.

My preliminary assessment is the same as astralinferno's: something hit you with a status effect that has a buggy long_desc() method. Can't tell from the stack trace what the offending effect might have been; it mentions a Saw Horror using Kinetic Leech, but that can only apply Sleep and Slow effects, neither of which should trigger this.

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 12:53 am 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:09 am
Posts: 67
Location: A Holding Pattern on the Eidolon Plane
THat makes sense. It wasn't at the beginning of the level, so maybe I can catch him from a better angle and identify the offending issue that way. Of course, at that point it's someone else's bug. Thanks for the info.

Seems a bit odd it'd wig out before an ability use notification, though. Unless it's from a sustain.

EDIT: I cleared the entire floor on a reload and there were no rares. So I'm at a loss.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 1:17 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
Quickie release 15e.3, with fixes to Restart Sustains and Talent Point Planner.

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:40 am 
Offline
Uruivellas

Joined: Mon Jan 27, 2014 10:40 am
Posts: 692
Zizzo, I just want you to know that you are an amazing person, and that your ability to keep track of all these amazing utility addons is inspiring and mildly terrifying. :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 12:31 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
astralInferno wrote:
Zizzo, I just want you to know that you are an amazing person, and that your ability to keep track of all these amazing utility addons is inspiring and mildly terrifying. :lol:

*blush* [bows]

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:55 am 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
A commenter on Steam posed the question of whether ZOmnibus is purely cosmetic/informational/UI-improvement or whether it materially affects the game; of course I had to respond that it's the latter, if only for Opt-in Adventurers Parties. Between that and the whole Randventurer thing, though, it's got me wondering whether it would be worth the effort to split off a "lite" version of ZOmnibus that does meet those conditions. That would, of course, depend heavily on which of ZOmnibus' addon components would be disqualified under those criteria, and so I thought I'd solicit opinions on the matter.

As a reminder, ZOmnibus currently includes the following addons:

Of those, I think the most obvious disqualifiers are Opt-in Adventurers Parties and Alternate Zones Option; likely also Pragmatic Heroism and/or Prodigious Progress, since they provide information that wouldn't otherwise be available; maybe Tier-1 Short Circuit Option, but I'm not convinced on that one. Any others?

[For reference, this is not to suggest that I have plans to begin wholesale incorporating significantly game-affecting addons into future ZOmnibus releases (absent strong user consensus that I should, of course).]

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Last edited by Zizzo on Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:07 am 
Offline
Thalore

Joined: Thu Jul 27, 2006 2:50 am
Posts: 157
Zizzo wrote:
A commenter on Steam posed the question of whether ZOmnibus is purely cosmetic/informational/UI-improvement or whether it materially affects the game; of course I had to respond that it's the latter, if only for Opt-in Adventurers Parties. Between that and the whole Randventurer thing, though, it's got me wondering whether it would be worth the effort to split off a "lite" version of ZOmnibus that does meet those conditions. That would, of course, depend heavily on which of ZOmnibus' addon components would be disqualified under those criteria, and so I thought I'd solicit opinions on the matter.

As a reminder, ZOmnibus currently includes the following addons:

Of those, I think the most obvious disqualifiers are Opt-in Adventurers Parties and Alternate Zones Option; likely also Pragmatic Heroism and/or Prodigious Progress, since they provide information that wouldn't otherwise be available; maybe Tier-1 Short Circuit Option, but I'm not convinced on that one. Any others?

[For reference, this is not to suggest that I have plans to begin wholesale incorporating significantly game-affecting addons into future ZOmnibus releases (absent strong user consensus that I should, of course).]

Tier-1 Short Circuit is generally negative game play impact if one uses it on higher difficulties.
The only exceptions might be rhaloren camp + heart of the gloom of the t1s on higher difficulties, none of the others are generally threatening on level 1/2. Though I guess it may occasionally be worth it to skip to floor 3, kill the boss, then go back and clear the higher floors on the difficulties with lots of hero mobs.

Pragmatic heroism is probably one that a fair amount of people would think affects gameplay in a meaningful way (otherwise I can't imagine why it isn't in normal tome). The prodigies one I think fewer would care about (as you could just google the prodigy in question if you aren't sure).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2018 11:30 pm 
Offline
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Joined: Thu Jan 23, 2003 8:13 pm
Posts: 1532
Location: A shallow water area south of Bree
Nevuk wrote:
Tier-1 Short Circuit is generally negative game play impact if one uses it on higher difficulties.
The only exceptions might be rhaloren camp + heart of the gloom of the t1s on higher difficulties, none of the others are generally threatening on level 1/2. Though I guess it may occasionally be worth it to skip to floor 3, kill the boss, then go back and clear the higher floors on the difficulties with lots of hero mobs.

Yeah, I've just about convinced myself that with the advent of the "do you want to skip ahead?" dialog, Tier-1 Short Circuit Option is effectively a pure UI tweak: it includes a game option to turn itself off, and the practical effect of turning it on basically amounts to automating the act of always choosing "don't skip ahead" on that dialog.

Nevuk wrote:
The prodigies one I think fewer would care about (as you could just google the prodigy in question if you aren't sure).

…? Prodigy requirements themselves are not spoilers; the game gives you that information freely. What Prodigious Progress does is show you how much progress you've made toward completing those requirements. So for instance, Cauterize requires you to have cast 1000 spells and taken 7500 fire damage; Prodigious Progress modifies the Cauterize requirement description to include how many spells you've cast and how much fire damage you've taken. [Which told me, for instance, that my Archmage needed to splash Fireflash on himself several times and my Gunslinger needed to spam her Phase Door rune for a while.]

And thinking further on the matter, I'm now starting to wonder whether Low Health Popup would need to be excluded. Judging from the original thread that inspired it, some people would probably view it as "protection from not paying attention", and thereby materially game-affecting.

_________________
"Blessed are the yeeks, for they shall inherit Arda..."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:57 pm 
Offline
Higher

Joined: Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:27 am
Posts: 77
Restart Sustains might be game-altering according to some people, for the same basic reason as low heath popups.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 322 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22  Next

All times are UTC


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group