ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue Nov 21, 2017 4:13 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 2:22 am 
Thalore

i500 appears to be breaking Windblade. The special unlock component (50k dual-wield) is never reached, and the skill can therefore not be taken.
However, I can attest that the 50k ranged for Vital Shot works.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:55 pm 
Uruivellas

Reidan wrote:
I'm getting almost 100% tier 3 drops from lvl 80-110 enemies on floor 20 insane mode currently

That's how it's supposed to work. The tier of drops in the I.D. (like in most other zones) is limited by the level of the zone (and depth in the case of the I.D.). It will steadily increase with increasing depth. This is both to keep things balanced and to make sure there is a chance to see most of the fixed artifacts in the game.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2014 11:23 pm 
Uruivellas

Orangeflame wrote:
i500 appears to be breaking Windblade. The special unlock component (50k dual-wield) is never reached, and the skill can therefore not be taken.
However, I can attest that the 50k ranged for Vital Shot works.

I just checked and this is working fine with just I500 loaded. If you are running other addons, check or ask the authors if they are overloading mod.class.interface.Combat.lua (or superloading the _M:attackTargetWith function) or if they've made changes to mod.data.damage_types.lua.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 10:05 pm 
Low Yeek

This addon is not compatible with Zomnibus Addon Pack, it seems. Cat/Class/Generic points saver doesn't work, for example. There may be other things broken, in both addons. Posting this both here and in the Zomnibus thread, in hopes that two of the authors may fix the incompatibilities.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:48 am 
Uruivellas

grayswandir wrote:
This overrides DamageType:newDamageType, but did not update how damage types are added:
Relevant Patch wrote:
- table.insert(self.dam_def, t)
- self[t.type] = #self.dam_def
+ self.dam_def[t.type] = t
+ self[t.type] = t.type
As such, any addons will still define damage types in the old way.

This is fixed with version 2.3c (http://te4.org/sites/default/files/game ... 500_7.teaa).

hauzer, I've looked through the code for Zomnibus. There is an interaction between I500 and the talent/stat points saver in the character level up dialog, but I don't see any obvious incompatibilities between these mods there. Can you be more specific about what is broken? Also, I don't see a post in the Zomnibus thread. (http://forums.te4.org/viewtopic.php?f=50&t=36555)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:36 am 
Low Yeek

There isn't a post in the Zomnibus thread because the mods deemed it "a duplicate" (probably of the post I've written here). Perhaps you'll have more luck.

Anyway, for the bug, this is what I just did:
1. Enable Zomnibus and i500, disable all other addons.
2. Load up a new campaign game as a yeek solipsist on normal difficulty.
3. The talents screen shows up. Tried clicking on the stats and talents in order to "save" them; nothing happens.
4. Press esc.
5. Bring up the talents screen again, try the same as above; nothing happens.

This is 100% reproducible with any other addons enabled on the side, and with any combination of campaign, difficulty, race and class.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 3:21 pm 
Thalore

Is there any way to activate this for an existing lvl50 winner? I've visited the Ruined Dungeon already, but the desc.lua trick and removing that zone from the savefile earlier didn't do anything.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 8:03 pm 
Uruivellas

hauzer, try the new version 2.3d here:

http://te4.org/sites/default/files/game ... 500_8.teaa

This is just a change in addon weight from 55 to 45, that fixes the problem with Zomnibus and HOPEFULLY won't create any problems with other addons, Please let me know if there is still a problem.

Jurriaan wrote:
Is there any way to activate this for an existing lvl50 winner? I've visited the Ruined Dungeon already, but the desc.lua trick and removing that zone from the savefile earlier didn't do anything.
Be sure that the addon is loading correctly (it should show up in the "required addons" list at the character load screen). Also be aware that you must install I500 BEFORE zoning into the I.D. or else the normal I.D. zone files will be generated and permanently saved with the character.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2014 10:31 pm 
Low Yeek

Yes, the talents saver works now. I'll report if I find anything broken. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2014 5:13 am 
Thalore

Before loading, I see Infinite500 v2.3d Auto:Active, the savefile says 'Required addons: ... Infinite500' and I'm at 100% experience, level 50.
I haven't entered the Inifinite Dungeon yet, but I did enter the Ruined Dungeon beforehand.

On entering the Infinite Dungeon, I don't see any change in the 100%/lvl 50 experience, no matter what I kill, I just cleand an entire level including a vault and I stay at 100%/lvl 50. I'm not sure what to expect, but this doesn't seem right.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:52 am 
Uruivellas

Jurriaan, that's what you'd expect if the level cap hasn't been raised. I500 raises the level cap (for the Maj'Eyal campaign) in the ruined dungeon when you use the portal.

Are you sure the ruined dungeon has been regenerated? To be safe, exit the game completely before deleting the ruined dungeon zone file. If you deleted the right zone file (zone-ruined-dungeon.teaz), you should have to do the puzzle again and then your level cap should be raised when you use the portal.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:34 am 
Thalore

Hachem_Muche wrote:
Jurriaan, that's what you'd expect if the level cap hasn't been raised. I500 raises the level cap (for the Maj'Eyal campaign) in the ruined dungeon when you use the portal.

Are you sure the ruined dungeon has been regenerated? To be safe, exit the game completely before deleting the ruined dungeon zone file. If you deleted the right zone file (zone-ruined-dungeon.teaz), you should have to do the puzzle again and then your level cap should be raised when you use the portal.

It turned out there also was a file level-ruined-dungeon-1.teal - when I removed that one also, the dungeon was regenerated. On killing the first monster in the ID, I gained a level, so it seems it's working now!

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 1:58 am 
Sher'Tul

hauzer wrote:
T1. Enable Zomnibus and i500, disable all other addons.
2. Load up a new campaign game as a yeek solipsist on normal difficulty.
3. The talents screen shows up. Tried clicking on the stats and talents in order to "save" them; nothing happens.
4. Press esc.
5. Bring up the talents screen again, try the same as above; nothing happens.

[sound F/X: source diving] Found it. The collision is in LevelupDialog:createDisplay(): Save Talent/Stat Points superloads the method to add the special top-row button handling, while Infinite 500 overloads the method AFAICT to tweak the dialog layout --- and those are apparently being processed in the wrong order. If you can retool that method as a superload, that should remove the collision.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:22 am 
Wayist

First, my Hours Played on ToME would be half of what it is currently without this mod :> I was wondering if you could potentially add some new tiers for equipment above vanilla 50.. The ID scales pretty well, but once you hit around level 65-70 the enemies are ungodly strong and any new equipment you find by that point will basically be on par with what you're already wearing (or weaker, but very (VERY!!) rarely ever stronger)..

Just seems like the whole thing will grind to a halt around character-level 80, or even earlier.. Plus the XP needed to level up increases so much that you have to cover multiple floors to level up once (while the enemy levels up multiple times..) I'd also suggest that character-level 75 or 80 would be a pretty good spot to award a third prodigy..

I just know we need a few new tricks to counteract the enemy levelups :>

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:31 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

I'm running into some Lua pop-up errors using i500 with the 1.2.4 code in Git right now. EDIT: since 1.2.4 was just released, and it did NOT contain the new Chronomancy code, this might be lower priority?

Specifically, whenever someone (me or an NPC) is using Chronomancy / Energy / Energy Decomposition and takes damage, I get a pop-up about "on_damage" not existing, like so:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17  Next