ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed May 22, 2019 6:58 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 9:50 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Minor update: Sentient Crystal talents are now at the top of the display, like other racials.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:26 am 
Wayist

I've given the Prismatic Golem and the Sentient Crystal a run.
Tried them both as Barbarians.

Just read through some of the previous posts and I want to let you know that the P.G did start w/ a T5 gem, a Black Pearl - 60% stun resists is not nothing to a Barbarian.
Looks like that override is not working out yet.

My Sentient Crystal is stuck on the world map and I do not know what I'm going to do about that.

This is how it went

Sentient Crystal Barbarian
uses Rod of Recall
returns to world map from Scintillating Caverns
can't move
can't crystal creep - can't do that on world map
and
can't leave level, although still on top of S.C.

One other point.
This is one of those 'rookie' things that you may have interest.
As a Barbarian, and as one who knows nothing of the class, I did not put a point into the first racial, but held off and went into play. And could not move. I started to go down several false lines of reasoning - the addon is broken, you're meant to play mages, theres a missing rune. etc.. Then after a 'moment', I guessed that the racial might do something. And of course it does. I might be tempted to suggest that these always start w/ a point there.

And a question.
What is needed in the code to make racials appear at the top in the levelup dialog?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:46 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

smithfield wrote:
I've given the Prismatic Golem and the Sentient Crystal a run.
Tried them both as Barbarians.

Just read through some of the previous posts and I want to let you know that the P.G did start w/ a T5 gem, a Black Pearl - 60% stun resists is not nothing to a Barbarian.
Looks like that override is not working out yet.
Indeed, the game seems to not honor that as of 1.5.10

smithfield wrote:
My Sentient Crystal is stuck on the world map and I do not know what I'm going to do about that.

This is how it went

Sentient Crystal Barbarian
uses Rod of Recall
returns to world map from Scintillating Caverns
can't move
can't crystal creep - can't do that on world map
and
can't leave level, although still on top of S.C.
You ought to be able to resolve that by waiting a turn -- hit ',' once, or click the pointer on your character.

Load the crystal and see if that works for you.

smithfield wrote:
One other point.
This is one of those 'rookie' things that you may have interest.
As a Barbarian, and as one who knows nothing of the class, I did not put a point into the first racial, but held off and went into play. And could not move. I started to go down several false lines of reasoning - the addon is broken, you're meant to play mages, theres a missing rune. etc.. Then after a 'moment', I guessed that the racial might do something. And of course it does. I might be tempted to suggest that these always start w/ a point there.
At one point it wasn't possible to get the game to honor on_learn for pre-learned talents -- maybe now it is.

Originally the crystal did exactly what you suggest, but that didn't work.

Maybe now it will. I'll give it a try later.

smithfield wrote:
And a question.
What is needed in the code to make racials appear at the top in the levelup dialog?
Get the game to load the racials at the same time as all other racials, instead of after loading all other talents.

The "order" for the display of talents is nothing more than the order in which the game first read them.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 93 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7