ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:00 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:31 pm 
Uruivellas

http://te4.org/node/6110

v1.6

- Riposte has been added back to Shield Offense. Counterstrikes will still apply to incompletely blocked damage even without Riposte.
- Shockwave has been moved to Retaliation T2.
- Shield Toss has been moved to Retaliation T1, replacing Sword and Board.
- Revenge has been simplified. No longer stacks, has a longer cooldown, only usable against counterstriked targets.
- Flow of Battle no longer grants life regeneration, and the stamina generation has been reduced.
- Steel Fortress has been reworked. Now grants an enhanced block at the cost of reducing physical damage dealt for the duration. No longer provides a stacking effect.
- Shield Expertise now grants the Sword and Board free melee attack. No longer increases block value.
- Shield Wall grants increased block value instead of damage adaptation.
- Indomitable now provides the old Shield Wall damage adaptation, and no other effects.
- Slightly reduced the effect of Honor.
- Shining Armor instead inflicts its debuffs on blocking an attack, rather than on using block.
- Slightly reduced the duration of Provoke.
- Warcries now last 8 turns, and have slightly reduced power. Stamina cost slightly increased.
- Reduced the healing and stamina of Second Wind.
- Warcries triggered by Warsong have their duration reduced to 4 turns and stamina cost doubled. While not sustained, Warsong provides a chance to reduce the duration of Winded.
- Removed the healing bonus of Vitality.
- Reduced the duration of Adrenaline Surge to 6 turns.
- Iron Guard: Mace now provides die_at rather than damage reduction.

The good old 'nerf it from orbit' approach. Maybe they won't be able to bump attack to victory on Insane now? Curious to hear experiences with Warcries. Should be something there both for people that want to actively manage warcries, and people that just want to have them as random passives.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 2:14 pm 
Uruivellas

Got a really random lua error earlier. Wasn't playing a bastion, didn't see a rare or boss using their talents.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2016 9:24 pm 

I got an infinite lua error earlier today in the Old Forest, after getting Shining Armor and heading into the mold/poison water vault. I'll post the first error. I have a recording of the rest of the infinite loop, and it was repeating whenever I entered the vault.

Attachments:
Bastion error.png
Bastion error.png [ 242.29 KiB | Viewed 1254 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:57 am 
Archmage

Trying this out for the first time. It's neatish.

Looking over the trees, I have to ask: Can more desc get on the Warcries tree? It's hard telling how the mechanics of it work from not having it, which as an optional tree is kind of a rough bit. It looks like it will be neat, but I can't guess at all how it works? We get 3 abilities with unknown cooldowns and power level and action economy (what are they using), that trigger a winded status effect preventing using them until it is off? Pretty sure that's it, but lots of unknowns there and sorta guesswork. Complicated abilities benefit from longer descs.

Playing on nightmare, I've had a couple close calls, but mostly aside from bad inscription drops been having a clean go of it.

Got admit some curiousity:

I understand adding some different trees, but why was Combat Techniques (specifically Precise Strikes) messed with? It's a fairly common tree in a lot of classes, so changing it has lot more ripple effect through the game in general. It's not as surprising with superiority (which is more narrow, and you adjusted everything and I can't say I've at least ever tried it before), but Combat Techniques being messed with is odd.

Mostly through the game at this point. Wouldn't hurt to have somewhere where the class gets some save buffs from anything (if it wasn't for dwarf, I'd basically be resistant to stun and disarm and vulnerable everwhere else). Also wouldn't hurt to have one (of the many trees) have some decent answer to sustains or enemy buffs (largely not seeing an answer to them aside from 'be thicker'/apply debuff).

Tried and liked the warcry stuff, even if it doesn't really explain it well up front at all.

Most likely unrelated, but I don't think I've ever had worse item luck. Some item categories have only shown up like 6 times all game so far (ring). Hard to get a good read with that kinda craziness going on.

Having fun with it though :) Spine of the world sure shuts it down hard on the offense end.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:17 am 
Uruivellas

I've neglected this for a while as I've been working on changes to the main game. Will have a look at fixing those bugs soon.

Was trying to balance information with giant descriptions on Warcries, but makes sense. Will give them the full details with numbers, scaling and cooldowns on the main talent.

How combat tech changes should have been done is making a clone of it specifically for bastion. It's the sort of thing I'd want to change for every class to give everyone a general source of physical penetration, but is outside of the scope of this mod.

Dirty Fighting is being changed in 1.5 and does have an ability that removes buffs in it. I might make the T4 ability in Retaliation cancel a sustain or 2 though, that was one of the original ideas.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 3:35 pm 

Another small bug: this add-on seems to reduce blocking with steam saws to 0, not really a big deal since you shouldn't really be blocking with them, but I did want to bring it up.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 10:38 am 
Thalore

Got this error, when hit somebody with Skullcracker talent provided by helm.

Code:
stack traceback:
   /data-bastion/talents/techniques/arms_raz.lua: in function 'callTalent'
   /mod/class/Actor.lua:4989: in function 'fireTalentCheck'
   /mod/class/interface/Combat.lua:1091: in function 'attackTargetHitProcs'
   /mod/class/interface/Combat.lua:616: in function 'attackTargetWith'
   /data/talents/techniques/thuggery.lua:57: in function 'action'
   /mod/class/Object.lua:194: in function 'useObject'
   /mod/class/Object.lua:253: in function 'use'
   /mod/class/Player.lua:1322: in function </mod/class/Player.lua:1313>
Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:119: /data-bastion/talents/techniques/arms_raz.lua:37: attempt to index local 'weapon' (a nil value)
   At [C]:-1
   At [C]:-1 error
   At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:119 fct
   At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:125 targetMode
   At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:254 targetMouse
   At /mod/class/Game.lua:2157 fct
   At /engine/Mouse.lua:58

Also that "new bulwark" class is awesome.

Insane Atamathon in 1 game turn
The Ultimate Endgame Boss

PostPosted: Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:33 am 
Higher

Had an error when I shot this Guardian in the Ruined Dungeon. I'm an Archer. This mod and Stoic came up in the log. May be weird cross-mod interaction; this is the first time I know of that I've had this, but these types of enemies mix a lot of different shit together that wouldn't normally come up.

Code:
[LOG]   #{bold}#Belkor the Seeker's Pin Down performs a ranged critical strike against Poraba the Guardian!#{normal}#
checkHit   23   vs   62   => chance to hit   0
[callbackOnEffectSave]   T_DANGER_SENSE   additional save at   -14.101941747573
Lua Error: /data/talents/cunning/survival.lua:123: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'save' (a nil value)
   At [C]:-1 __add
   At /data/talents/cunning/survival.lua:123 callTalent
   At /mod/class/Actor.lua:5193 fireTalentCheck
   At /mod/addons/bastion/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:42 base_on_set_temporary_effect
   At /mod/addons/stoic/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:87 check
   At /engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:118 setEffect
   At /data/talents/techniques/archery.lua:290 archery_onhit
   At /mod/class/interface/Archery.lua:440 damtype
   At /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:419 projectDoAct
   At /engine/interface/ActorProject.lua:508 projectDoStop
   At /mod/addons/stoic/superload/engine/Projectile.lua:24 act
   At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:129 tickLevel
   At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:64 tick
   At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick
   At /mod/class/Game.lua:1386

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 8:54 pm 
Low Yeek

Found a bug, a simple one. Disarm resist bonus from Technique/Arms -> Iron Guard is 100% and I suspect over 100% if it could go that far.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:03 pm 
Uruivellas

I dont think razakai is updating this anymore, he's moved onto better things.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 8:03 pm 
Higher

He really should come back to it. I liked a lot of the ideas in this mod. Makes the bulwark feel less bland.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:19 pm 
Uruivellas

I might update this for bugfixes this week. I wouldn't mind putting a revised version of this into the main game but that'll be quite a way off, definitely 1.7 at the earliest.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 3:51 pm 
Higher

Ooo sweet! If you do, there was a bug I ran into with danger sense. It was a long while back though, but I might be able to find it again.