ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:39 pm

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1046 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next
PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:17 am 
Thalore

Sorry. Nothing else was odd, and I got no errors. But ever since I picked up a gem as a fire drake after the drakelings issue, this started happening to all my saves. I'll try again tomorrow and see if I can get it to work.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:07 am 
Thalore

I was very excited to play warhound, until I found out that my bump attacks are the equivalent of flailing with a tissue. Such a disappointment. :?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 11:59 am 
Sher'Tul

Yeah, it definitely feels kinda' noticeable. Like, avatars in general are hot garbage with normal attacks in the beginning -- melee archmage or worse tier, even the ritch for the first few levels -- but the hound does seem to somehow be somewhat worse than normal for the general class type.

Seems like you can get by, but it also looks like playing like a headhunting ritch (i.e. not fighting any bosses until you clear out everything else in three or four dungeons) is forced on you if you don't want to die, heh.

... largely unrelated to OotS, it looks like no one ever got around to fixing that tentacles don't give XP when they kill things for you. That was a couple dozen gold down the drain, bleh.

E: Though, please tell me if it's not already possible, it will be implemented in the future, that war hounds can eventually unlock the body armor slot. Snookums needs his doggie sweater so his dignity can go die in a ditch.

E2: Like, it being possible but you taking a wildness penalty while wearing armor? I'd be down with that.

E3: Well, got the melee-focus (i.e. trying to do it without locomotion) attempt to level 8. Going to... try something else, now. 'Cause even with everything I could identify as potentially helping, except inner beast,* going, I'm still averaging a bump attack that does less than 20 damage, with crits topping out in the mid 40s. I've cleared out just about everything I can at this point; all that's left in dungeons that won't pop me are bosses, which I can't really kill with this. I'm pretty sure I've had level 2 archmagi that hit harder with bumps than this critter :V

* Which would have only helped so much; a 20-30% boost when your base bite is doing like 15-16 damage isn't exactly a game changer, and the claws critting when the claws are your weakest attack is somewhat less than useful. Etc., etc.

E4: ... yeah, I'm doing nearly as much damage at level 1, with a 1/5 dine and dash, as I was with that level 8 character's bumps. If the goal was to heavily disincentivize melee attacks, it's working :P

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:39 pm 
Thalore

Try Dine and Dashing all the time. It sort of worked for me.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:46 pm 
Sher'Tul

Yeah, that's what I'm doing now. Pretty sure my damage output had around quadrupled by the time I hit level four, compared to when I stopped on the other one. Level six, now. Fairly casually killing bosses; couldn't take bill at 4, which means it's still relatively weak in the early game, but was actually able to kill prox without needing like 40 points of retaliation damage (scorching lite, tooth) before I could manage it.

Finding an imp claw has helped, but the fact that dash alone is doing like... six or seven or more turns worth of the other one's bumps and has reached the point (steady pace 5/5, primal rhythm 2/10, sturdy heart 3/10) it's effectively free if I'm moving around, uh. It's making a difference :V

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:47 pm 
Wayist

How to Dog:

Step 1: Pump Dex and get Elusiveness as First Discipline
Step 2: Get a kinetic shield/mindblast torque or tentacle totem from Thalore Place
Step 3: Survive until level 8, using the above
Step 4: Get Rapid Dash to talent level 4

Then, just follow these instructions to dunk everything in the T1 zones[Besides immobile things like Spellblaze Crystal]:

Step 1: Activate Rapid Dash, then Elusiveness
Step 2: Swap places with enemy you want dead.
Step 3: Repeat step 2 until enemy is dead.

Its also worth noting that Clamping something does more damage then pitiful doggy bites early on if you just drag it away. It also might be better to just use Rapid Dash to drag an unsuspecting enemy halfway accross the map, but I just like the idea of a dog repeadtedly running past someone and grabbing their ankles at mach speed.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 3:53 pm 
Sher'Tul

Clamping does more damage than pitiful doggy bites even if you don't drag them around, heh. Can, anyway... might need more than 1/5, I'unno. Took me a bit to notice you still do that base hit if you're standing still.

E: In other news, is it intentional you can't put any points into basic defense, despite starting with a point in it? Can still invest in the rest of the tree, just not the first one. Haven't checked to see if it'll let you buy it in Last Hope, yet...

E2: Incidentally, any thought to eventually changing the hidden compound to be in line with OotS? The derth arena thing suggests there's at least some precedence for underworld animal trafficking, and getting some kind of avatar unique item from it might be interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 5:22 pm 
Thalore

Got the same error. More specifically on circumstance. The error occurred when I picked up a gem from a chest as a fire drake after dying in the Sandworm Tunnels (To an enemy in the chest, but before I picked up the gem), and my drakelings were in the Eidolon plane, even though I left them behind at the event at the entrance.

error = "Lua Error: /engine/Level.lua:153: attempt to index local 'e' (a nil value)\
At [C]:-1 __index\
At /engine/Level.lua:153 hasEntity\
At ...eka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:429 getDrakelings\
At /mod/class/ModificationProfiles.lua:2358 neka_inspect\
At ...ka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Player.lua:41 check\
At /engine/interface/ActorInventory.lua:243 pickupFloor\
At /mod/class/Player.lua:259 describeFloor\
At /mod/class/Player.lua:328 move\
At /mod/class/interface/Combat.lua:62 attack\
At /engine/interface/ActorLife.lua:42 check\
At [string \"return function(self, x, y, what, ...) local ...\"]:1 checkAllEntities\
At /engine/Actor.lua:209 move\
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:1317 move\
At /mod/class/Player.lua:310 moveDir\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1894 \
At /engine/KeyBind.lua:230 "
seen = true
reported = false

Edit: Dying after that occurred (From suffocation) got me this:

error = "Lua Error: /engine/Level.lua:153: attempt to index local 'e' (a nil value)\
At [C]:-1 __index\
At /engine/Level.lua:153 hasEntity\
At ...eka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:429 getDrakelings\
At ...ka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Player.lua:378 playerFOV\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1627 updateFOV\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1637 displayMap\
At /mod/class/uiset/Minimalist.lua:1947 display\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1732 \
At [C]:-1 forceRedraw\
At /engine/ui/Waiter.lua:72 getWaitDisplay\
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:54 simpleWaiterTip\
At /engine/Zone.lua:914 getLevel\
At /mod/class/Party.lua:459 base_goToEidolon\
At ...eka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Party.lua:73 goToEidolon\
At /mod/dialogs/DeathDialog.lua:184 \
At /engine/Game.lua:322 onTickEndExecute\
At /engine/Game.lua:313 tick\
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:60 tick\
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:1386 "
seen = true
reported = false

Edit: After all my drakelings died, the issue ended. I think it might have something to do with drakelings being where they aren't supposed to be, although I don't really know.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 6:19 pm 
Sher'Tul

Mm. Very minor, but it kinda' looks like it might be a good idea to squelch splitting when something has been clamped... or at least see if you can stop the clamp from propagating. It looks real odd when the ooze I just nabbed splits and I apparently somehow still have my mouth around the clone, despite being two or three tiles away. I haven't even taken chronomancy talents yet!

... though that does bring interesting mental images about. Schrodinger's Chomp, a paradox powered stone vines equivalent that randomly clamps enemies in a radius around you. Later tiers in the tree would do things like mimic how you move at range, with extra stuff for slamming things into walls via chronometric telegnaw, propagate lesser versions of the talent (and/or locomotion tree talents) to allied (time) hounds, drakeling style, and let you instateleport ala dimstep to anything currently bit in your surroundings (/on the level), possibly dragging anything you're personally biting with you.

That last one could add a harmless bite for allies, so you can yell "Get in the chompa!" and haul allies through toothy time portals to save 'em. It'd be great.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:11 pm 
Spiderkin

@tabs
They get stronger. MUCH stronger. If you were expecting "bump-dead, bump-dead", you might have mistaken it for "Minotaur" (because THAT'S the class that can wield two-handed weapons, gets "Technique/Combat Training", AND is able to use Natural Combat... Needless to say, its melee attacks HURT.)

@Frumple
Not likely. :lol:

@Kamani
Awesome-- I had a feeling that was the issue! Missing Drakelings, huh...?

(Future me): ... STILL can't replicate it. Went to Sandworm Lair, sent away my drakelings, picked up literally EVERY Artifact in the game, as well as opening a few golden chests... I just can't make it happen! :(

@Frumple
RE: Schrodinger's Chomp
I actually DO have a parameter checked to prevent that... But it honestly doesn't seem to work.

@(everyone)
Some general advice concerning Natural Attacks: The damage is directly related to your "Wild Power", which is directly related to your current Wildness, Luck, and Ferocity total. There are VARIOUS ways to raise these, but REMEMBER that Natural Attacks aren't very strong until you start boosting their related attributes (for War Hound, it's mostly Strength, Dexterity, and Cunning).

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 7:38 pm 
Spiderkin

"Odyssey of The Summoner" has been updated! (Version 0.5.5)
*** Version: 0.5.5 ~ "A quick post-release bug fix!"

Quote:
[CHANGES]
- You will now receive "Antimatter" UNLOCKED.
*** If you already have "Antimatter", go to the World Map to get a free category point.

[FIXES]
- If an enemy is overkilled, they will no longer "clone" when struck
- Fixed a bug with the "War Hound opponent" (forgot to carry the 1)
- Fixed a bug with "Antimagic Form": No, you CANNOT pick up arcane objects or artifacts!

Allow me to swat a few bugs before the really NASTY ones start showing up.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 8:08 pm 
Thalore

Did you die? They were in the Eidolon plain.
Also, got this error using the Dine and Dash skill while blind. I may have missed the most recent update though:
error = "Lua Error: /engine/Target.lua:667: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'x' (a nil value)\
At [C]:-1 __add\
At /engine/Target.lua:667 freemove\
At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:230 \
seen = true
reported = false

Although it didn't actually seem to do anything...

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:53 pm 
Spiderkin

@Kamani
The Eidolon Plane thing can be replicated-- But it's something I can't really "fix", per se.
When a character goes to the Eidolon Plane, their party members are automatically revived and placed next to them (IE: An Alchemist and their golem). For me to change how this works would involve "reverse engineering" more of the code-- And I really hate doing that (since it's very time-consuming).

As for the error when you pick up stuff... *shrugs*

RE: Lua Error
... That error doesn't even involve my add-on... :?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2017 10:58 pm 
Thalore

Okay. No clue what that error was about.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 1:55 am 
Thalore

Getting this error on warhound:

Code:
error = "Lua Error: /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:121: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: ...eka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:1071: attempt to index a nil value\
stack traceback:\
\9...eka_therianthropy_summoner/superload/mod/class/Actor.lua:1071: in function 'getTalentNaturalAttack'\
\9...herianthropy_summoner/talents/heart/hound/locomotion.lua:58: in function <...herianthropy_summoner/talents/heart/hound/locomotion.lua:24>\
\9[C]: in function 'xpcall'\
\9/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:160: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:149>\
  At [C]:-1 \
  At [C]:-1 error\
  At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:121 fct\
  At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:127 targetMode\
  At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:196 accept\
  At /engine/interface/GameTargeting.lua:203 fct\
  At /engine/interface/PlayerHotkeys.lua:317 \
seen = true
reported = false

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1046 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 65, 66, 67, 68, 69, 70  Next