ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Jan 23, 2020 1:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:19 am 
Yeek

http://te4.org/characters/4363/tome/3bf ... 25900d6212
Here's my first character to get to 50..
Of the deaths I remember, there was one in vor pride involving a bloodlich, the ice block bug, and me forgetting about providence; the last 2 to atamathon
Mid to late-game, this character was awesome. He pretty much destroyed everything with the golem as a shield(killed most of the ambush in 2 bombs, 1 a crit, grabbed some salt and chewed up bosses/adventurer/orc patrols, etc)

Mainly I focused on bombs first, fire for the most part and acid for fire immune monsters...and i gotta say, i really prefer fire; acid can blind, but fire kills almost everything in one blast anyway...
Late game, with +59% fire damage and ~50% crit rate, i was regularly doing ~1000 initial damage with critical fire bombs. That's about 2k total vs 1k from critical acid bombs
Channel staff was pretty nice of course, but i ended up using tarelion's staff instead of the big knocker for that +firedam

edit: this is based on my current understanding that half the fire damage goes into the fire burn

As for stats, i went with magic and a bit of will(probably completely unnecessary), then con, and cun for crits when both were maxed

I died trying to kill Atamathon; I got him down to 7.5k hp, but once he killed my golem twice, there wasn't much i could do(rush/pound hurt btw...iirc he rushed me for 1466 damage)

now if only i'd found a couple rings of fire....

Anyway, please post any comments/constructive criticism/queries you may have :D