ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:23 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Sci-fi for t-engine4 ?!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 3:16 pm 

I'm not sure if this is the right place for something like this, but here I go anyway. Are there any other projects in the works for the t-engine 4? Theres one rogue-like I've always wanted and no one's been able to produce. I'm not saying it wouldn't be a huge amount of work, but it certainly wouldn't be derivitive either. I want a sci-fi horrer rogue-like that resembles a cross between metroid and system shock 2. I think the possibilities in regards to aliens/monsters make it one of those things that can genuinly shock the player. A dragon can be scary, but we've all been there before. I dont want to give the impression I'm being ungrateful for the work they have done; It's probably the best rogue-like out there (ADOM and DCSS tie it for nostalgic reasons) but I would to have a game that put a lot of focus of resource management and exploration. Something with an atmosphere (and soundtrack) that really got under your skin. I can't be the only person who wants this game, but I would like to know how many people have an opinion regarding the idea.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:51 pm 
Retired Ninja

There's a community module in the works that's Sci-Fi based but not really survival/horror Sci-Fi.

The Deadspace games are some of my favorites of all time and if someone made a roguelike in this genre I would at least give it a try.