ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:46 am

All times are UTC

Post subject: Can't make new saves
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:10 pm 
Low Yeek

I started a new character and leveled him up to 14th level then saved. Now, whenever I open the save, it opens to an autosave when he was 7th level at the entrance to Norgos' Lair. I even went ahead and leveled him back up, saving every time he entered a new screen. But time after time, if I exit the game and come back, that 7th level save is the only one that persists.

Can the character be salvaged?

Post subject: Re: Can't make new saves
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:51 pm 
Low Yeek

It happened again with my latest character. I loaded my save to find that I am at the entrance to Nargos' lair despite having completed it and a number of other dungeons. I can't progress farther in this game than around 6th or 7th level unless I do it all in one go.

Perhaps this game was made commercial too early.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:28 am 
Perspiring Physicist

Perhaps you are in the wrong forum and not giving sufficient information for anyone to be able to help you.
I've also never heard of this issue, so its unlikely the game was made commercial too early.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:44 am 
Archmage

Did your game crash while saving at any point? There's a thread describing a similar problem over there: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41001

Veins of the Earth ModDB page

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 4:40 pm 
Low Yeek

Zireael wrote:
Did your game crash while saving at any point? There's a thread describing a similar problem over there: viewtopic.php?f=42&t=41001

I have already posted on that thread. My game hasn't crashed while saving to my knowledge. The only time it has crashed was each time I used a particular talent on one particular character. Thank you for trying to help.

HousePet wrote:
Perhaps you are in the wrong forum and not giving sufficient information for anyone to be able to help you.
I've also never heard of this issue, so its unlikely the game was made commercial too early.

In only a few seconds, I was able to find a third person with this problem. I didn't need to go past page 2 of the bugs forum. For all I know, there are many more. And none of us seem to be finding any solutions. Is there another forum where we may find help with this issue? I'm happy to give whatever information may be necessary. But as it keeps happening over and over, even with new characters, I'm starting to feel kind of ripped off.