ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:31 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:42 pm 
Archmage

Ever since I first tried out the "show lore only the first time you find it" menu option, I've never had lore popups show up in Dreadfell, even after turning the option back off. The only exception is the one you get upon collecting the Staff of Absorption.

Edit: This extends to the ambush, but does not include artefact pickups.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:10 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

You are visiting the lost library beforehand? If you have visited the library, and seen the lore on a previous character, then the lore is already 'learned', which means it doesn't pop up again. Try running a character to dreadfell without touching the lost library?

DarkGod has two arms, one with an opened hand, one with a closed fist. You got the fist.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:48 am 
Archmage

Crim, The Red Thunder wrote:
You are visiting the lost library beforehand? If you have visited the library, and seen the lore on a previous character, then the lore is already 'learned', which means it doesn't pop up again. Try running a character to dreadfell without touching the lost library?

That could be it. If it is, I am an utter fool, since I know everything you've just said.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 2:21 am 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Velorien wrote:
Crim, The Red Thunder wrote:

That could be it. If it is, I am an utter fool, since I know everything you've just said.

Wellllll... Tis the day for it, at least. :wink: Kinda hope I'm wrong now. But the fact that you're getting artifact pickups, and not getting lore pickups kinda points at the library, since it remembers lore, but not artifacts...

DarkGod has two arms, one with an opened hand, one with a closed fist. You got the fist.