ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Aug 18, 2018 2:15 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 1:03 am 

Playing as a possessor has allowed me to actually get to the far east but I also ran into many technical problems. I'll list them here.

1. After reaching a certain point, the saving bar still fills up like normal but fails to close even after a few minutes. This makes it constantly on the screen stuck on a number like 89% for example.
What this does is that it crashes the game if you try to enter another zone, presumably because it saves again. So double saving doesn't work, unless you exit game in which you can fix it slightly in that you can enter another zone. However, the problem occurs again. This essentially makes the save game unplayable unless you're in a long level like in the endgame zones. I have lost three characters to this. However, this only happens sometimes and can be prevented but I don't know specifically what. My other characters had save lag too, but I suspect that this happened due to having a huge inventory.

2. Possessors have a Psychic Crush skill that spawn a clone of the enemy. This also lags the game when you use it too much, like against many enemies. I have prevented this by never using it unless I need to, like only for final bosses.

3. Unleashed Mind, the third skill in the two-hander tree, also causes a ridiculous amount of lag. It does this by spamming its animation a boat load of times, and usually triggers when exiting the game while in possessed body or when massive lag occurs like entering the final boss zone. It might also trigger through Forgery of Haze or Wraithform + auto-explore, from what I've seen. This also renders the game unplayable since this is a very good skill that I always use. However, it can be prevented by exiting out of the body when exiting game or entering a zone. The glitch stops when you exit the body as well.

Screenshots can be provided if needed.