ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:04 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:25 pm 

Hello

I am experiencing frequent (every hour or so) crashes without an error message. This often happens when there is a lot going on (many enemies and spell effects on the map). Precognition probably makes things worse as more elements become visible. Moreover, I observe high CPU load before the crashes. I am playing version 1.5.5 on Ubuntu 17.10. TE4 Log is attached. In my system log I found this line - not sure if it is related to the problem:

Code:
t-engine64[12508]: segfault at fffffff1 ip 00000000004bcd48 sp 00007ffd01ccba90 error 4 in t-engine64[400000+1eb000]

Here is the log file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/p284mrj1hq8hp ... h.txt?dl=0

Last edited by Yon on Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:36 pm 
Higher

I suggest you also provide details of the ToME distro you installed, or the compiler you used. It sounds more like a dodgy compile leading to a memory leak, since it's throwing a segfault.

Looking at the log, I notice your game is compiling a checksum for Embers of Rage, so that module is not the standard one and may bear investigation. However, I think you've reloaded the game since your last crash (log shows you load a save, then immediately quit out), so the log file has been wiped. You need to grab the log before re-loading the game.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 4:24 pm 

Indeed, this was the wrong log file. I posted a link to the correct one now. My distro is Steam with Embers of Rage and Ashes of Urh'Rok.