ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Mar 24, 2018 6:01 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 5:21 pm 

I was changing levels in Reknor and it was taking ages for the new level to generate left it for a couple of minutes then had to force close as I was going out.

Now when I load the character save it loads but the map is black and the date notification in the bottom left keeps advancing very fast.

Any ideas how i can get this working as it's the best character Ive had up till now!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:54 pm 

I've had this exact problem happen to me a few versions ago, except in Reknor instead of Sludgenest. I eventually just deleted the character and made a new one. However, you might be able to fix this by temporarily enabling dev/debug mode. If you press Ctrl+A while in this mode, it should bring up a debug menu. If you use that to teleport yourself to a new zone, it might snap your character out of it.

If the above doesn't work[And I don't guarantee that it will, by any means], devs have been known to occasionally fix saves with game-breaking bugs of this nature, although this isn't really guaranteed either. They might be too busy or the problem might be too weird/severe to fix with save tweaking alone.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 15, 2018 9:03 pm 

This is pretty much guaranteed that you will find a dev to help, just call for one in chat, or irc (

Do you like guides ? I write guides.

You can go to my wiki page for a compilation of everything I wrote, plus some other guides I consider important!

Includes general guides (inscriptions, zone, prodigies), and class guides (Demo, Anorithil, Bulwark)