ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:31 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 4:23 am 

I have the Steam version of the base game, the Steamtech UI DLC and Ashes DLCs from 2015 and then just recently bought Embers of Rage DLC about a week ago. I used to use the Steamtech UI in game all the times. Now when I started playing the game again after buying Embers of Rage DLC I no longer can find the Steamtech UI option anywhere in game. My game runs under the "Dark - Minimalist" UI setting currently and I cannot find the Steamtech UI options anywhere.

My DLC Panel on Steam shows the Steamtech UI DLC Installed. The in game Addons menu shows the Steamtech UI Addon as Auto:Active and working. I have tried uninstalling the DLC and turning the Addon off and on with no luck.

Could this be a bug of now including the Steam UI with the Embers of Rage DLC? Can I safely uninstall and re-install the whole game without losing my save files? I do notice I have 2 .teaa files in my /game/dlcs/ folder:

tome-steamui.teaa
boot-steamui.teaa

Could maybe one of those be redundant and need removed? Please help I really like the Steam UI and want to get it working again. Thank you everyone!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:32 pm 

Melusca on the Steam forums helped me resolve this issue. If you are experiencing issues with the Steam UI option not appearing in game try creating a new character. Then while playing under the new character hit ESC and try to change the Interface option to the Steam UI under that character. I found the Steam UI option reappeared under the new character. Once set save and exit the game then restart the game. When the game loads back up you should have the Steam UI working both in the Main Menu as well as on your old character saves. :D