ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:53 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 2:21 am 
Low Yeek

For Tricks of the Trade: I took it with a Rogue in part for a free Scoundrel unlock. However, if I remember correctly, it unlocked the tree at 0.9 mastery instead of the 1.3 mastery that Rogues normally unlock it at. That was annoying.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:43 am 
Sher'Tul

If that happened it is likely a bug. Only classes without Scoundrel should get it unlocked at 0.9.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:51 am 
Uruivellas

I don't think Massive Blow is meaningfully better than YSBMW. It trades off flexibility, potential AoE, and a stun for a situational damage increase. As with Meteoric Crash, you don't actually want to blow up walls all the time making it often more trouble than its worth.

I really want to like Draconic Will but it's just so much worse than Spine on every class other than maybe Corruptor (even then I'm not sure anymore). Also doesn't help that Unstoppable Force Salve powercrept Draconic Will out of relevance.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:07 pm 
Wyrmic

For Meteoric Crash, I ran that recntly on an Oozemancer for fun along with the bugfix addon that makes it not so easily dodged. It's hilarious when it procs as it more often than not did on Mana Clash or Oozebeam, but it WILL kill your summons (1.6 will fix this) and the lava floor does react to you (Antimagic Shield canceled it out but you probably don't want that). As for the meteor itself, if it hit me when triggering on melee I never noticed it.

Last edited by Chronosplit on Wed Apr 11, 2018 9:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 3:45 pm 
Archmage

Erenion code-dived and discovered that Healing mods do not trigger Ancestral Life themselves. There’s a discussion on it at the end of the first page of my Oozemancer guide (see link in sig).

Quote:
self:attr("allow_on_heal", 1)
self:attr("disable_ancestral_life", 1)
self:heal(data.heal + data.inc_stat, t)
self:attr("disable_ancestral_life", -1)
self:attr("allow_on_heal", -1)

self:removeEffectsFilter(function(e) return e.subtype.wound end, 1)
self:removeEffectsFilter(function(e) return e.subtype.poison end, 1)

But 6-8 turns is pretty doable.

I will also say that I think Mental Tyranny is extremely good on Adventurers with decent Mindpower and lots of damage sources/round, since you can throw in 8 class points for Punishments 1/1/1/5 and put brutal control effects (confusion/slow/stun) on all the damage you do. It also can handle all the respen needs for your character - Mental Tyranny’s 30% mind respen helps you land your initial hit of mind damage, and then each of the Madness effects sticks a stacking additional 35% malus to the enemy’s mind resist. If 30% of all your damage is increased by 10% and then punches the enemy in a resistance you’ve modified by -105%, it’s going to leave a mark.

PES is essentially the Spellpower boosting prodigy in a manner analogous to Superpower or Arcane Might (I mean, it also works for Mindpower, but Spellpower doesn’t have its own prodigy and this is the closest thing), probably worth noting that, and it works well with Invigorate on Temporal Wardens (and it also boosts Magic to re-boost all the stuff that Arcane Might does).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 4:25 pm 
Yeek

8*130 = 1040
Since ancestral life does not proc from healing infusion, you need to remove ~10 turn, which means you only have ~20 free turns.
Still pretty strong I think.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2018 10:36 pm 
Archmage

Oops, you’re right. I’m used to saving the Nature’s Balance in the equation for resetting damaging stuff.