ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:41 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 8:47 pm 
Thalore

On my character sheet I have a whole wack of defensive stats. Some of them are intuitive, but others not so much. Armour is fairly easy to make out, because I can look at the damage I take and figure out if I need more armour or not.

But when it comes to saving throws and defence, I really have no point of reference for what is 'good' or 'bad'. Does anyone have any rough estimates for numbers to aim for? To avoid? Is there a way to figure out if my stats stack up well against the monsters I'm facing?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2016 11:30 pm 
Cornac

Armor directly reduces damage caused by weapons (to include fists/claws/etc, but not including things like magic or mind attacks), but can only block damage up to your Armor value or Hardiness% of the attack, whichever is lower. Defense is a chance to dodge attacks entirely.

Compare saves with mind/spell/phys-power, and compare defense with accuracy. If your numbers are bigger than the enemy's numbers, then you have the advantage. I have no idea what specific numbers to aim for, because I've never needed to pay much attention to them.