ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:25 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:22 am 
Wyrmic

grobblewobble wrote:
I can't help but wonder what a living Weissi would look like.

:?
That's easy. It would look like a yeti.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, 2016 4:07 pm 
Archmage

Hmm, that easy?

My impression was that their bodies are somehow hidden inside yetis, rather than really being the yeti bodies..

I thought their goal was to eventually restore their own physical form by reconstructing it from yeti tissue.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:00 am 
Wyrmic

grobblewobble wrote:
Hmm, that easy?

My impression was that their bodies are somehow hidden inside yetis, rather than really being the yeti bodies..

I thought their goal was to eventually restore their own physical form by reconstructing it from yeti tissue.
I think yeti are overdesigned in tbat case, given how the Weisse go on about their many positive features. This especially goes for the mind control susceptibility - there's no need to make such a fuss about taking over their bodies if those bodies are only stepping stones to begin with.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 6:40 pm 
Thalore

They do plan to use yeti bodies (or, at a minimum, new ones developed from the samples you handed over of top-quality yeti specimens), but they need not necessarily end up looking like that. They might prefer to have some psychic aura that masks their appearance, or there might be more drastic evolutionary changes enforced by other psi-tech stations, they might have some "super mode" or other in-built metamorphosis requiring a specific activation process stored in their cultural data... Of course, they might just end up looking like Yetis anyway :P And being white and furry does seem like one of their trademarks...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 1:47 am 
Sher'Tul

So, I'm at the end of the campaign, and I feel like something's missing. I beat the final boss, I got the "you have won" screen, and I unlocked Adventurer (yes, I was playing a sawbutcher). One of the things that it said was that my soldiers were standing outside to talk with me about something. That sounded useful, but I couldn't find them. The stairs down into the slumbering caves collapsed when I came down, and my Rod of Recall just gives out unhappy buzzing noises. Did I miss doing something? Was there some point where I was supposed to mobilize soldiers?

Also, source of frustration. Schematic for the top-tier armor is guaranteed. Schematic for the Electrical Coil that it requires is not. Admittedly, I should have tried to buy from that one merchant first, then killed him to take his stuff later. If I missed it there, I suppose that was my fault.

New challenge run: cleanse the Peninsula. Embers of Rage, start as an Orc, and try to beat the final boss without attacking the outpost. Challenging. Doable?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:06 am 
Wyrmic

Sirrocco wrote:
So, I'm at the end of the campaign, and I feel like something's missing. I beat the final boss, I got the "you have won" screen, and I unlocked Adventurer (yes, I was playing a sawbutcher). One of the things that it said was that my soldiers were standing outside to talk with me about something. That sounded useful, but I couldn't find them. The stairs down into the slumbering caves collapsed when I came down, and my Rod of Recall just gives out unhappy buzzing noises. Did I miss doing something? Was there some point where I was supposed to mobilize soldiers?

Also, source of frustration. Schematic for the top-tier armor is guaranteed. Schematic for the Electrical Coil that it requires is not. Admittedly, I should have tried to buy from that one merchant first, then killed him to take his stuff later. If I missed it there, I suppose that was my fault.

New challenge run: cleanse the Peninsula. Embers of Rage, start as an Orc, and try to beat the final boss without attacking the outpost. Challenging. Doable?

You can only rod of recall out of slumbering caves on the final floor.