ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 7:30 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:15 am 
Wayist

So, I did a 'run' to unlock mindslayer. I used a yeek summoner, did not try and save the wayist on the first arrival at the ruined halfling complex, in stead ported out of there and did about a dozen other dungeons afore tackling the halfling complex. So, four hours into my game, I went into the complex. Moved to the location where I knew the wayist and subject Z were. used earth eyes just to be sure - just subject Z? Enter, fight. No wayist. I ran trhogh the dungeon again, auto explored it untill I was fed up. No wayist.

The only thing I have recently changed is update to the latest version. What gives? And what can I do? restart is a tad tedious. Feels like MMO grinding.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:22 am 
Halfling

Maybe Subject Z did see you when you passed through the room the first time round and killed the wayist?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 11:26 am 
Wayist

I dunno. I did not move at all - upon entering the level for the first time through the stairs in the south-east, I used the rod/wand to teleport out. Never did one step west at all.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 5:02 pm 
Wayist

Did you run into any teleporting enemies on your way to the Wayist? I saw a post a while back where a rare teleported away, landed in the Wayist room, and killed the yeek before the player ever opened the door down there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:10 am 
Wayist

I suppose that's possible. There was a purple skeleton mage in the room. As a summoner, the critters can be triggering enemies I did not see at all.

PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2015 9:25 pm 
Halfling

I believe I managed to save the wayist on my yeek summoner without even using the recall trick.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 2:24 am 
Wayist

Yeek summoners are designed to do that, yah. They have an extremely easy early game.