ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Oct 20, 2018 12:34 pm

All times are UTC

Post subject: Stuck in High Peak Vault
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:15 am 
Low Yeek

I appear to be stuck in a High Peak vault on this character: http://te4.org/characters/8878/tome/99bf8f73-0b6e-48bb-9ef0-15175ff56209ah=0a445e22-cb20-4ce9-8dc4-848263d59b61ad=8878

It appears to be the greater crypt vault: http://te4.org/wiki/Greater_vaults#Greater_Crypt but it's slightly different than the one that appears in the wiki. I can't seem to get out of it no matter which wall I click on, or what I space I go on.

Does anyone have any ideas for getting out of here? Thanks for the help!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:18 am 
Uruivellas

To your right, through the door, and go down. There's a path visible there, on the right edge of the screenshot. It looks like you should be able to get out there.

I assume Wraithform doesn't work on Vault walls? Still, if you have any kind of teleport, just hug the wall as much as possible and spam it until it selects a square outside the Vault. It'll pop you right out if you have the range.

It hasn't worked yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:32 am 
Low Yeek

I realized I had a teleport rune from the vault itself, used it and got out! Thanks for the suggestion!

Lost a heroism infusion, but better than not getting to use the character!

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 2:40 am 
Uruivellas

Yeah, I had a couple characters die before I learned you could teleport out of Vaults.

Glad to be of service. May you find the Sorcerers and defeat them so thoroughly they don't even spawn on your next character they're too scared.

It hasn't worked yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 11:58 am 
Thalore

It's actually the same vault you linked to in the wiki, but it's indeed a tricky one. I haven't seen it in a while, but if I remember correctly, here's what you need to know: see that short corridor in the SW area?
Code:
#....#......s#.
#=####+#######.
#.......3.2..#.
############+##
#aa#.z...sVzVz.

The door (+) at its Eastern end on the South wall is not your average door and will only open/close (actually, revert to an undigable wall) if someone (yourself, a party member, or an enemy) walks on a special tile in the corridor (I assume it's one of those that's shown as either 2 or 3 here.) And since, as far as I know at the moment, that door is your only way out - if you let someone else close it behind you, yes, you're indeed screwed. I had this happen once to me as a Zigur follower, so teleporting out was not even an option. Guess that char built a church here and is still preaching the faith in that damn vault :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:35 pm 
Thalore

I got stuck in this vault too once.

Thankfully, Rod of Recall exists.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 6:08 am 
Thalore

you need to keep touching the walls. There is basically a hidden door that will let you leave.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:49 pm 
Archmage

I've gotten stuck in that same vault too, needing to teleport to get out.

Seems a common problem if that vault spawns. Too easy to get a door jammed locked behind you.