ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:42 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:10 am 

Hello,
So I killed the master in Dreadfell and got a bunch of loot. At that point, I think I transmogrified everything, including the Staff of Absorption. I don't know if that's what did it but anyway when I left Dreadfell I returned to the main world.

Now how do I move on? I haven't been beset by Orcs or whatever else is supposed to happen... what can I do now? I have even tried entering Wizard and debug mode and going to the zone "Let's Hunt Some Orcs" and even though I killed them all, I don't move on in the story line.

Sorry, at this point I don't really have much more time to spend in the game (I have a 6-year-old who doesn't understand game addiction) so if I can just get to the next point by hook or by crook I would really appreciate it. Then I'll just walk through it and be done, and I can move on with my life.

Please help a wicked adventurer move on. Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:00 am 
Halfling

...I know this doesn't help, but I'm fairly certain you can't transmogrify the Staff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:05 am 
Perspiring Physicist

You must have not picked up the staff.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:12 am 
Higher

This could be solved by having a new zone entrance appear on the world map right next to dreadfell as you exit the ambush, which you could re-enter if you forgot the staff... I'm not saying this is a common problem, and it might be exploited to store artifacts (but then again you can do that anywhere), and really people should pick stuff up; but here it really is a game breaker, I think.

Maybe debug mode, add staff...would this trigger the quest, though?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:44 pm 
Sher'Tul

How about returning to Dreadfell to look for it?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:32 pm 
Uruivellas

If you haven't picked up the staff, nothing special will happen.

Assuming you did pick up the staff (You should have a new quest in your quest log.) and then somehow lost it, you should still talk to the elder in center of Last Hope.
Provisions have been put into the quest for exactly this kind of thing.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:09 pm 

Hachem_Muche wrote:
If you haven't picked up the staff, nothing special will happen.

Assuming you did pick up the staff (You should have a new quest in your quest log.) and then somehow lost it, you should still talk to the elder in center of Last Hope.
Provisions have been put into the quest for exactly this kind of thing.

Thanks for all the replies. I have scoured level 9 of Dreadfell, again and again, but cannot find the staff. The Master is no longer to be found.

I cannot create the staff in Godmode. If you try to create an object, that one does not show up in the list.

If I speak to the Elder in Last Hope, I have one option in the dialog that says something like, "Never mind."

I actually tried to create all artifacts from Godmode, but that crashed TOME (it hung and would not respond to any keys; I had to kill it).

...Then when I went back into TOME, it is as if I haven't been anywhere... the main map is all unrevealed, and when I went back into Dreadfell it is totally repopulated with monsters... except The Master. So I am now lingering again on level 9 hoping that someone can help me create the staff or trigger some variable in cheat mode that will enable the next quest.

At this point, I know the game is not for me (I don't have the time) but I would like to just explore to the end so I can move on with life :-P. I did donate because I appreciate the fun that I've had. Thanks for any help.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 4:12 pm 
Master of Eyal

Please join me in #tome on irc.rizon.net and get ingame at the same time, I'll fix you :)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:16 pm 
Uruivellas

Also, if you've already invalidated the game, you can manually give yourself the quest from the debug menu.
In cheat mode, hit ctrl-A to get the debug menu, then select "Grant/Alter Quests", and then "staff-absorption".
You should then get a dialog from the elder in Lost Hope.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 1:09 pm 

Hachem_Muche wrote:
Also, if you've already invalidated the game, you can manually give yourself the quest from the debug menu.
In cheat mode, hit ctrl-A to get the debug menu, then select "Grant/Alter Quests", and then "staff-absorption".
You should then get a dialog from the elder in Lost Hope.

Thanks for all the replies, and thanks darkgod for the offer. However this fixed the situation for me.

I got the staff, then went and spoke to the Elder, and he gave me the quest to look for Reknor. I could not find Reknor anywhere on the main map- I even revealed it. So I went to that Zone, and completed it. I got the Orb, went back to Lost Hope, and gave it to Tannen (I might have given myself some quest that enabled a dialog with Tannen...)

Now I can't get to the East, because I don't have the Orb, and I can't make the farportal work. Is there something I can do now? I realize I got myself into a pickle with all of this godmode/cheating that I've done, but at this point I'm just interested in following the story line in shame and not completing the game as I should.

Thanks for any help. I know I hardly deserve it...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:19 am 
Perspiring Physicist

You majorly screwed up by going to Tannen.
That shouldn't happen until much later.
I think a new game may be in order now.