ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:18 am

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:38 am 
Thalore

My archmage went into level 5 of Dreadfell, then...

I start killing enemies in immediate area around the stair and nearby room, and tried to get some rest, then I start trying to walk and got killed by boredom 2 times...but then I noticed something...the enemies just keep coming, nonstop...I rested for a few turns then they will show up, and to top it off, killing them don't give any exp, but drop items, and they don't have Summoning Destabilization, which I think it means they're not summon either...is it?

Is this intentional or something? If I remember correctly, The Master is supposed to be at lv 9 or 10...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:50 am 
Master of Eyal

Well how many did you kill, what where they?
And where did they come from (as an arcane it's kinda easy to find :) )

If you believe there is an infinite bug, send me the save I'll have a look

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:05 am 
Thalore

He's dead...will the save file still be useful?

Still, the problem is that I kill around...I dunno, >50? I didn't keep count, and the exp meter still stuck at 19%...when I teleport to an unexplored area, I kill around 2-3 new enemies and exp jump to 21%...just before his final death, that is...

For what I kill...it's assortments of skel fighters, archers, banshee, dreadmasters, ghast...standard enemies in Dreadfell...

Still got the copy of stdout, but I'm not sure if that'll be helpful...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:52 am 
Master of Eyal

Hum yes send the stdout.

Not that summon destabilization runs out after a (long) while, so if you retreat too long from a summoner it's back to full power

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 9:02 am 
Thalore

Here's the file: http://www.mediafire.com/?x338n60wtnv9vnb

It's 12 mb, so can't upload in the board system...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:35 pm 
Sher'Tul

I had a similar experience yesterday with my Archmage. I was on Dreadfell (7), 2 levels before the end. And the ghouls just kept coming. And coming. And coming. And coming. There was loot everywhere, but I never had enough time to walk around the room and look at it all. Every time I'd pick up a few bits of gold and verify that there were no good items on those tiles, another wave would show up.

I killed off 3 or 4 ghoulkings, eventually, either by pressing toward the center, or waiting for them to arrive in the Room Of Slaughter. I don't know how many more there may be.

After about 2 hours, I save-and-exited and went home.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:54 pm 
Master of Eyal

"The Room of Slaughter" ? ;)

Hum got the savefile still ?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:58 pm 
Sher'Tul

The character is still alive and well, on the machine at work. I won't be back there until Monday.

If it helps any, I've got Probability Travel on, and earlier, when I first entered the level, I was jumping all around avoiding the many floaters (dreads, dreadlords, banshees). Once those were gone, I didn't need to jump around so much, but I might have disturbed a significant part of the local population.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:05 pm 
Master of Eyal

Probably :)
IIRC tactical AI summoners do not need to have you in sight to summon, they just need to know about your presence.

Anyway send me that save monday please :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 4:26 pm 
Thalore

Well, that's pretty interesting...although in my case it's all types of undeads generated in Dreadfell possible...is there any enemy summoner who can summon those other than the Master?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm 
Sher'Tul

At the very least the upper tier vampire can summon skeletons (degen, warrior, archer, mage) and ghouls. Dunno 'bout anything else.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:47 am 
Archmage

I had similar situation in elven ruins, where fire wyrm was spawning firedrakes and firedrakes were spawning hatchlings. By luck I was teleported near wyrm and killed it, that stopped endless chain of drakes/hatchlings.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:18 pm 
Sher'Tul

darkgod wrote:
Anyway send me that save monday please :)

It's 47 MB. I don't suppose there's any way to extract just the relevant bits....

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:24 pm 
Master of Eyal

Only send game.teag when you are saved inside the dreadfell

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 3:09 pm 
Sher'Tul

Still 10 MB, which seems excessive... emailed.