ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Oct 23, 2019 9:05 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34

What do you want to see in the next release?
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite race/subrace/class yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite skill/talent/spell/ability yet? (specify below) 67%  67%  [ 2 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite scroll/potion/wand/staff/rod/other object yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite store/quest/event yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, that's not what that dungeon's supposed to look like! (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite game mechanic/UI feature yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, that's a bug! Go fix that bug! (specify below) 33%  33%  [ 1 ]
Hey, you didn't list what I want to see! (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 3
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 9:31 pm 
Cornac

Hi Zizzo
After a very long break (apologies) -have resumed some degree of testing, all going fine until Boldor which resulted in a string of errors that crashed the game.

error = "Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:322: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:295: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: /mod/class/Map.lua:387: attempt to call method 'getMapObjects' (a nil value)\
stack traceback:\
\9/mod/class/Map.lua:387: in function 'updateMap'\
\9/engine/Map.lua:566: in function 'map'\
\9/mod/spell-util.lua:743: in function 'f'\
\9/mod/util.lua:67: in function 'greplist'\
\9/mod/util.lua:300: in function 'find_free_grid'\
\9/mod/spell-util.lua:747: in function 'summon'\
\9/mod/spell-util.lua:2806: in function </mod/spell-util.lua:2800>\
\9[C]: in function 'xpcall'\
\9/engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:160: in function </engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:149>\
At [C]:-1 \
At [C]:-1 error\
At /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:322 useTalent\
At /mod/class/NPC.lua:527 useTalent\
At /engine/ai//talented.lua:53 runAI\
At /engine/ai//talented.lua:63 doAI\
At /mod/class/NPC.lua:89 act\
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:129 tickLevel\
At /mod/class/GameEnergyBasedEvilHack.lua:32 tick\
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:616 "
seen = true
reported = false

error = "Lua Error: [string \"return function(self, x, y, what, ...) local ...\"]:1: attempt to call method 'check' (a nil value)\
At [C]:-1 check\
At [string \"return function(self, x, y, what, ...) local ...\"]:1 checkAllEntities\
At /engine/interface/ActorFOV.lua:102 \
At [C]:-1 calc_circle\
At /engine/interface/ActorFOV.lua:101 computeFOV\
At /mod/class/NPC.lua:84 act\
seen = true
reported = false

error = "Lua Error: /engine/Map.lua:636: attempt to call method 'check' (a nil value)\
At /engine/Map.lua:636 \
At [C]:-1 calc_circle\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:899 tweakVisuals\
At /mod/class/Player.lua:505 act\
seen = true
reported = false

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 8:48 pm 
Cornac

Couple of other things:

Have noticed that the Maze dungeon won't load

Are child spirits active yet - you can't move into their space until see invisible is activated.

Total crash when in the Orc Caves; - saw some Crypt creeps - I presume it was a spell or something but the game hung. Unfortunately no error message generated.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2019 11:25 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Thorondor wrote:
Couple of other things:

Have noticed that the Maze dungeon won't load

Yeah, the Maze uses a special map generator that I haven't implemented yet. On a related note, I don't recommend visiting Heart of the Earth any time soon… :oops: :wink:

Thorondor wrote:
Are child spirits active yet - you can't move into their space until see invisible is activated.

Hmm, maybe an issue with deciding when the player can push past friendlies? I'll investigate.

Thorondor wrote:
Total crash when in the Orc Caves; - saw some Crypt creeps - I presume it was a spell or something but the game hung. Unfortunately no error message generated.

Urk, could be anything, then… I'll poke around and see if I see anything obvious.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 9:28 pm 
Cornac

This might have been an off-screen master yeek - a fairly significant cycle of errors but the game didn't completely hang.

error = "Lua Error: /engine/Map.lua:801: attempt to call method 'check' (a nil value)\
At /engine/Map.lua:801 checkEntity\
At /engine/utils.lua:2247 findFreeGrid\
At /engine/interface/ActorAI.lua:194 aiSeeTargetPos\
At /engine/ai//talented.lua:27 runAI\
At /engine/ai//talented.lua:63 doAI\
At /mod/class/NPC.lua:89 act\
seen = true
reported = false

EDIT - am sure this is the master yeek. Game-ending crash when the yeek was in sight.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2019 11:13 pm 
Sher'Tul Godslayer

Thorondor wrote:
[…] all going fine until Boldor which resulted in a string of errors that crashed the game.

error = "Lua Error: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:322: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:295: /engine/interface/ActorTalents.lua:162: /mod/class/Map.lua:387: attempt to call method 'getMapObjects' (a nil value)\

[sound F/X: source diving]*blink* …okay, that was just amazingly dumb, even for me. :oops: :oops: :oops:

Thorondor wrote:
This might have been an off-screen master yeek - a fairly significant cycle of errors but the game didn't completely hang.

error = "Lua Error: /engine/Map.lua:801: attempt to call method 'check' (a nil value)\

[sound F/X: source diving] Yep, master yeeks have a summon spell, so that's probably the same bug. I think it's time for an emergency bugfix release:

Release 0.3.9 "Neutral Territory"

A smattering of bugfixes this time:
  • Small bug in the Lothlorien Poisoned Water quest: the quest definition is supposed to prevent you from dropping the Potions of Water Curing if you're not in the quest zone, but thanks to a smal typo, it wasn't.
  • A few cosmetic bugs with player sex:
    • The corresponding flags weren't getting to where the message-logging system looks for them, so game messages would describe the player as "it" instead of "he" or "she".
    • My descriptor-generating Perl script accidentally dropped the height/weight mean/variance numbers for neuter characters on top of the ones for male characters. :oops: Which just means male characters were being created a bit shorter and lighter than intended.
  • Ents are supposed to get a bonus to AC that increases with level. Was in a kind of obscure part of the code, and I overlooked it.
  • Small bug in the forget-map effect; forgot that I needed to tell traps specifically who was forgetting about them…
  • Part of the handling code in summoning spells is to check the candidate target location for the "no_summon" flag. It takes a particularly spectacular type of stupid to instead literally replace the map grid at the candidate location with the string "no_summon". [sound F/X: forehead repeatedly striking desk] :oops: :oops: :oops: In fact, this was probably the indirect cause of some other mysterious map-related bugs I could never track down.
  • Small bug when dropping objects. I think it would only have kicked in if you were dropping artifacts while buried in a wall or floating over a deep pit or the like, and the game had to teleport the artifact somewhere else on the map. Still, though, principle of the matter. :wink:

And a few small features:
  • "Wait, back up, what do you mean 'neuter characters'?" That's an option T2 provides, alongside Female and Male. Presumably it's intended for DeathMold characters, but it's available to all character races, and the character creation dialog now makes it available as an option.
  • The T2 module now defines a module profile. In theory, this should allow us to retain persistent achievement information between characters and across a save/load; in practice, all I can confirm so far is that it doesn't produce any
    errors… :? :wink:

Since this is an emergency bugfix release, any bugs you may find were almost certainly already there and simply hadn't been found yet. Unless I added them inadvertently while fixing the previous bugs. :wink: :oops: As always, here is a good place to report them.

And as always, the .team file for the release is available from my site, along with the Subversion repo and SVN::Web front-end thereto. And for those of you following along on SVN, the 0.3.9 release branch will get bug fixes for all the aforementioned inevitable bugs.

And since having them scattered throughout the thread is sort of useless, here's a reference list of all the T2 addons I've released:
  • Alchemic Arcanorum (current release 1.0.0): Starts Alchemist characters with an Alchemic Arcanorum object from my old ToME:Arcanorum T2 module, which can be used to store and extract essences.
  • Gender Parity (current release 1.0.1): Modifies assorted NPCs that don't particularly have to be male or female so that they can be either randomly.
  • (updated) Go to Landmark (current release 1.0.1): A quickie port of my T4 addon of the same name; allows you to auto-travel to various landmarks like stores or up/down stairs via the "Show known landmarks" action on the <Esc> menu.
  • Neutral Townsfolk (current release 1.0.0): As requested by Thorondor. :wink: Modifies a few of the more harmless town denizens into the "Neutral" faction so they don't pester you.
  • ZAngband Monsters (current release 1.0.1): Adds ZAngband monsters (hence the name). Untested.
  • Gondolin Book Store (current release 1.0.0): Also as requested by Thorondor. :wink: Adds a book store to Gondolin (hence the name…).

And not to jinx it, but I think I might be reasonably close to a release on the automatizer stuff. Still composing the te4.org blog post I'm going to need to explain to everyone how to use this thing… :oops: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 500 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 30, 31, 32, 33, 34