ToME: the Tales of Maj'Eyal

Everything about ToME
It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 6:50 am

All times are UTC

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31

What do you want to see in the next release?
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite race/subrace/class yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite skill/talent/spell/ability yet? (specify below) 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite scroll/potion/wand/staff/rod/other object yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite store/quest/event yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, that's not what that dungeon's supposed to look like! (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, why haven't you implemented my favorite game mechanic/UI feature yet? (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Hey, that's a bug! Go fix that bug! (specify below) 50%  50%  [ 1 ]
Hey, you didn't list what I want to see! (specify below) 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 2
PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:43 am 
Sher'Tul

darkgod wrote:
Just a silly question zizzo, do you have a macro/keybind/something to quickly insert "[sound F/X: source diving]" where you want ? ;)

:lol: Well, for longer comments like these, I generally compose the comment in a text file before posting it (building it up as I track down and fix the reported bugs), so there's usually some other instance of the phrase already in the file that I can copy/paste to wherever I want to use it.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:12 pm 
Wayist

Hi Zizzo

RE adverse status things that could adjust appearance; I quite like the stunned / confused ones on TE4 main game, and also a red warning when you're about to get eaten :cry:

Couple of new bits:
Interesting: Selling un-id'd scrolls / potions etc is now allowed; the price is agreed (e.g. 15 gold) but the actual remuneration reflects the value of the sale (as if it had been ID'd previous to trying to sell it). The same doesn't seem to be true for ammo.
Also, selling 1 un-ID'd ammo from a stack doesn't identify the rest of the stack in your inventory.

Auto-explore doesn't mind walking onto Lava... :roll: bye bye acquirement scroll... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Bugs:
This happened when I walked on ice created by an ice ball (that I'd cast over lava)
error = "Lua Error: /data/damage_types.lua:200: attempt to compare number with nil\
At [C]:-1 __lt\
At /data/damage_types.lua:200 projector\
At /data/timed_effects.lua:1909 on_timeout\
At /engine/interface/ActorTemporaryEffects.lua:85 timedEffects\
At /mod/class/Actor.lua:239 actBase\
At /engine/GameEnergyBased.lua:119 tickLevel\
At /mod/class/GameEnergyBasedEvilHack.lua:32 tick\
At /engine/GameTurnBased.lua:51 tick\
At /mod/class/Game.lua:564 "
seen = true
reported = false

Read a scroll of light
error = "Lua Error: /mod/class/Player.lua:1349: /data/general/objects/scrolls.lua:262: attempt to index global 'DamageType' (a nil value)\
At [C]:-1 \
At [C]:-1 error\
At /mod/class/Player.lua:1349 playerUseItem\
At /mod/dialogs/UseItemDialog.lua:69 use\
At /mod/dialogs/UseItemDialog.lua:45 fct\
At /engine/ui/List.lua:155 onUse\
At /engine/ui/List.lua:81 fct\
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 receiveMouse\
At /engine/Mouse.lua:98 delegate\
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:765 mouseEvent\
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:485 fct\
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 "
seen = true
reported = false

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:18 pm 
Wayist

Hi Zizzo,

Couple more bits:

Outside of Bree, are there any other mayors etc that are currently activated? (it's not currently possible to test the other house quests as the other 'Mayors' aren't implemented yet)

Are you able to implement an inventory re-stock for shops? They will get very full of dungeon loot and i guess that when they're full the only way of selling your dragon mail in mid-late game would be to buy-out the armory shop's supply of leather boots etc.

Used a staff of disarm (unidentified) - Thorondor fails to disarm an unknown trap

Activating Rilia caused an error
error = "Lua Error: /mod/class/Player.lua:1349: /data/general/objects/artifacts.lua:2567: attempt to index global 'DamageType' (a nil value)\
At [C]:-1 \
At [C]:-1 error\
At /mod/class/Player.lua:1349 action\
At /mod/dialogs/ShowEquipInvenFloor.lua:73 use\
At /engine/dialogs/ShowEquipInven.lua:57 fct\
At /engine/ui/ListColumns.lua:463 onUse\
At /engine/ui/ListColumns.lua:135 fct\
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 receiveMouse\
At /engine/Mouse.lua:98 delegate\
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:765 mouseEvent\
At /engine/ui/Dialog.lua:485 fct\
At /engine/Mouse.lua:58 "
seen = true
reported = false

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:12 am 
Sher'Tul

Thorondor wrote:
RE adverse status things that could adjust appearance; I quite like the stunned / confused ones on TE4 main game, and also a red warning when you're about to get eaten :cry:

Let's see, is stunned the wobbly-screen one or the spinning-stars one? Confused, I think, is the blurry-screen one. And… "eaten"? :shock:

Thorondor wrote:
Interesting: Selling un-id'd scrolls / potions etc is now allowed; the price is agreed (e.g. 15 gold) but the actual remuneration reflects the value of the sale (as if it had been ID'd previous to trying to sell it). The same doesn't seem to be true for ammo.

[sound F/X: source diving] Ah, right, it's recomputing the sale price after the object is identified during the selling process. That will be tricky to disentangle… ah, since I'm already overriding Store:doSell(), I can just have it pass the computed price through to Store;onSell(). Fixed in SVN.

Thorondor wrote:
Also, selling 1 un-ID'd ammo from a stack doesn't identify the rest of the stack in your inventory.

Hmm, presumably I can handle that by ID'ing the stack before peeling off the one to sell. I forget, does doing this fully *ID* the remainder of the unsold stack, or just ID it? The latter is what I've put in SVN; if it's supposed to be the former, that's easy enough to fix for the next release.

Thorondor wrote:
Auto-explore doesn't mind walking onto Lava... :roll: bye bye acquirement scroll... :cry: :cry: :cry:

Now, there I'm out of my depth. I know very little about how the engine's auto-explore works; I'm just putting scaffolding around it that I copied from elsewhere. Maybe we need to have it check for 'block_run' rather than 'block_move', which would stop it running across lava unless you're immune to fire; I have no idea whether that's even possible, though.

Thorondor wrote:
This happened when I walked on ice created by an ice ball (that I'd cast over lava)
error = "Lua Error: /data/damage_types.lua:200: attempt to compare number with nil\

[sound F/X: source diving] Ah, typo in the temporary effect conferred by standing on ice; I'd copy/pasted it from the ones for lava, which do random damage, and forgot to adapt it for ice, which does fixed damage. Got nether mist wrong the same way. Fixed in SVN.

Thorondor wrote:
Outside of Bree, are there any other mayors etc that are currently activated? (it's not currently possible to test the other house quests as the other 'Mayors' aren't implemented yet)

Not yet; that's what I'm working on for the next release.

Thorondor wrote:
Are you able to implement an inventory re-stock for shops?

That's also what I'm working on for the next release. :wink:

Thorondor wrote:
Used a staff of disarm (unidentified) - Thorondor fails to disarm an unknown trap

[sound F/X: source diving] Oh, right, this is why I added the 'force' flag to Trap:disarm(); I should probably use it, shouldn't I? :oops: Fixed in SVN.

Thorondor wrote:
Read a scroll of light
error = "Lua Error: /mod/class/Player.lua:1349: /data/general/objects/scrolls.lua:262: attempt to index global 'DamageType' (a nil value)\
[…]
Activating Rilia caused an error
error = "Lua Error: /mod/class/Player.lua:1349: /data/general/objects/artifacts.lua:2567: attempt to index global 'DamageType' (a nil value)\

Yeah, these are the same bug as before. It really is going to crop up in all sorts of annoying places; I guess this calls for an emergency bugfix release:

Release 0.2.9 "We're Gonna Be Meaner Now"

As noted, this is mostly a bugfix release:
  • Fixed a lot of object activations that weren't defining damage types properly. :oops:
  • Fixed the tooltips for some talents related to Summoning and Possession. [Not that they do anything yet, but at least they won't stack dump anymore…]
  • Small typo in the level-up dialog was screwing up the check for whether to show a skill; in particular, we need to show Geomancy for non-Geomancer Mage-related classes even they they can't learn it, because Fire/Water/Air/Earth all live under it.
  • Tweak the messages for a couple timed effects that assumed the player was the target of the effect.
  • Evil monsters are supposed to be in the "Enemies" faction — including that Spectral/Zombie/etc. version of something that used to be in a friendly faction. :twisted:
  • Fix the Copy Spell inventory dialog so that you can actually select an item to copy onto.
  • Relatedly, properly describe spell-copyable items as "A spell (can be/has been) copied onto this item."
  • Fix grid damage for standing on ice or in nether mist.
  • Couple fixes for selling things to stores:
    • When selling one item from a stack, ID the rest of the stack in inventory. This is mainly for selling ammo, to get the (+x,+y) bonuses.
    • Bit of internal juggling to ensure that the un-ID'd price the store offered you is the same price it actually pays you after identifying what it just bought from you.
  • The Disarm spell (and Staffs thereof) obviously shouldn't have to check against the player's disarming ability, nor should it give the player the usual trap-disarming experience. :oops: We also reproduce T2's "There is a bright flash of light!" message for this case.
  • The usual raft of stupid typos that I really wish Lua did "compile-time" checking for, notably one in the Galadriel chat.

I did add one feature, though:
  • As long as I was in the area of the Copy Spell talent, might as well hook it into the use-item dialog, as new action 'Copy spell onto item' for suitable items.

Now, as before, since this is mostly an emergency bugfix release, I'm pretty sure any bugs in it were already there and just haven't been found yet. :? :wink: As always, here is a good place to report them.

And as always, the .team file for the release is available from my site, along with the Subversion repo and WebSVN front-end thereto. And for those of you following along on SVN, the 0.2.9 release branch will get bug fixes for all the aforementioned inevitable bugs.

Feature work for the main release is proceeding slowly but surely; I should be close to a feature release, but I've said that before. :?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 454 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31